Report: Secretary of State Mike Pompeo planning to quit because Trump is making him look bad

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/20/report-secretary-of-state-mik.html

9 Likes

It’s not the first time I’ve wanted the ability to peer into these people’s heads to figure out the exact moment they thought oh, now Trump is making me look bad.

52 Likes

Dude ‘looks bad’ regardless to 45’s many bad decisions and shitty behavior; that’s just the optics of being a toadying ass-kissing opportunistic sycophant who will stoop to any low in order to achieve his or her goals.

37 Likes

Dude…best thing to do is resign and walk right over to the House and testify.

45 Likes

Awww…

hardKnockLife

15 Likes

Wait I can’t tell if this is photoshopped mouth for eyes or if his eyes really do look like that

13 Likes

Rather than figuring out when to resign to maximize chances at a senate seat, shouldn’t Pompeo be looking at when to resign to minimize chances of prison time? And isn’t the right answer: the moment you took the job? (Or at least last July)

25 Likes

Not to worry Mikey - I hear that Gazprom is hiring.

14 Likes

That’s been @beschizza’d…

14 Likes

Awww Mike, don’t fuss - you don’t need Trump to look bad.

21 Likes

Fuck him, he’s just angling to run for Senator. Only in Missouri Kansas would they elect such a worthless grifter.

Well, there’s also Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, Texas…

Local paper is calling him out:

https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article236638158.html

12 Likes

Be that as it may, he’s from Kansas and plans to run there.

6 Likes

If he was worried about his reputation why’d he take a job with Donald Trump to begin with? Nobody who’s worked with Trump has a good reputation.

18 Likes

That’s the truth. Ask Tillerson and Sessions how Trump enhanced their reputations. Everyone that does business with Trump gets burned, and these guys must be aware of that on some level. But I guess they’re all so convinced of their own exceptionalism that they think things will play out differently this time.

That would be the best thing for humanity and the greater good, but if he turns on Trump, he’ll have trouble mobilizing Trump supporters for his Senate bid.

16 Likes

The fact that Sondland basically threw everybody under the bus today makes me think that some more people involved are finally going to just throw up their hands and say “Fuck it. I guess we gotta just tell the truth at this point and try and save ourselves.”

21 Likes

just out of idle curiosity, has there been anyone trump hasn’t made look worse than they already were?

3 Likes

Pulling a Jeff Sessions.

Being a shitty human being, terrible at his job and now pretending he is entitled to be senator.

9 Likes

… himself? I feel like he’s far worse than he looks.

3 Likes

It’s important to note that he’s a zero-degree direct link to the Koch family, too. Things will continue to look very bad for Kansas.

10 Likes

Beschizza’d right into the uncanny valley.

4 Likes