Report: Secretary of State Mike Pompeo planning to quit because Trump is making him look bad

I tried to find this with Pompeo, but this trashbag Barr will have to do…

19 Likes

Not Noones - did you get his closing statement today? He’s living in trump’s private idaho. I’m dumfounded as he confidently recites trumps lie-world as his presumed reality. “No evidence has been given…”, “Biden is guilty of corruption…”, “Ukraine interfered in the 2016 election…”. I almost hold him in lower regard than trump.

9 Likes

Report: Secretary of State Mike Pompeo planning to quit because Trump is making him look bad

He’s not wrong.

4 Likes

But trump has surrounded himself with such dubious characters that they all have secrets they prefer to keep buried.

It’s sad that some rich fuck like Sondland, whose only qualification was buying an ambassadorship from whoever was selling, now has the least to lose.

You go! I guess?

2 Likes

Well, sort of. Sondland took the “clueless oaf” defense. So he’ll keep all his money, and not go to jail. But forever is a bonafide Clueless Oaf.

3 Likes

He keeps his money and does not go to jail, and whoever previously loved him will still do so… whereas others in the administration (and their sycophants) are in deeper and so have skeletons that they will not risk exposing.

Lindsey Graham, Devin Nunes, & Rudy G., for example, keep doubling down when others would be able to step away from the table.

4 Likes

We got rid of this fucker finally. I, for one, have ZERO desire to see him back here. God[dess][es] forbid he STAY the fuck away…
It is sad that some days I’d rather be Florida Man than Kansas Man. Florida Man may be a dumbass, but he can be so gloriously dumbass it’s kinda special.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Gordon Sondland is no Ollie North.

3 Likes

He was a lieutenant in the same post as I was back when I was in the army*, and just another of the butter bars that no one took seriously. I think his entire career has been like that: not really doing anything noteworthy, not actually being as good as his resume suggests, just knowing who to bully to make himself look good.

*1st Squadron, 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment. I never got above PFC due to my antiauthoritarian attitude, don’t want to suggest I was ever officer material!

4 Likes

Steven Miller? Because he looked like a Nazi before he hired on with Trump, and he looks like one now.

7 Likes

Yup, only those who were already as low as you can go. Miller is about as close to ground level as you can get. When you think getting Breitbart to vouch for you is a good thing…

6 Likes

Everyone of them…

8 Likes

Sondland strikes me as a guy who basically bought himself an ambassadorship as a lark and a means of boosting his own social status, not because he is especially political. It will be interesting to see how many longtime Republican loyalists decide to follow his lead (or retreat, depending on your point of view).

8 Likes

On behalf of all Kansans, we DON’T want him back!! We’ve got enough to deal with, as it is. It seems he’s made some Ukrainian friends, maybe they’d take him in?

5 Likes

Can you PLEASE take back Pat? He’s stinking up my neighborhood.

(No, I don’t think he’s dead yet.)

Oh, he’s coming back regardless - there’s an recliner to attend to.

1 Like

Nunes and Jordan of Ohio each hold one of Trump’s nuts in their mouths.

1 Like

pretty good trick since they are doing it while their heads are deep up trumps ass.

1 Like

Yeah but, I don’t see it as a static thing. More of an in and out. Over and over.