Trump's budget eliminates Arts and Humanities Endowments, privatizes public broadcasting

Considering how much money art typically makes, I’d call this enabling more than subsidizing.

5 Likes

Substantially less than they’re going to spend just on keeping Melania in Trump tower. Substantially less than the cost of shuttling Trump to and from Trump tower on weekends. It represents a fraction of the money spent on military marching bands…

That’s NOT what NEA/NEH money gets used for - it’s for keeping museums and art programs alive and making them more accessible to poor people, not money spent on individual artists. You can fuck right off with that bullshit.

46 Likes

thanks for posting that…my heart is right in the center of the Earth right now at this news…

really?!? SMH

10 Likes

Can’t we have both art and bombs?

5 Likes

This is an ideal case for raising hell with your elected officials.

You representative in the House, and your two senators.

At the very least, an email. Or a call to the local office. Look 'em up here:

https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials

But give it a few weeks. Wait for the actual budget to get floated, then raise hell.

7 Likes

Why can’t they get any artists to perform at the inauguration? It’s a mystery.

28 Likes

Why would President Trump fund these so-called “arts”? How can you people call it art when none of it is paintings of him?! Sad!

16 Likes

Man, I’m gonna be getting a lot of mileage out of this one for the next four years…

27 Likes

Fred must be spinning in his grave right now…

37 Likes

Be like Connor, who knows this is bullshit.

15 Likes

Care to explain why you are opposed to the government funding arts programs? Because right now you’re simply saying “Our government, like Nazis, has a budget for the arts, and that’s bad.”

19 Likes

Best I could do on short notice

2 Likes

The Nazis also funded freeways so clearly we should stop funding freeways. They also massively funded their military, so clearly the military budget should be at the top of the chopping block.

34 Likes

21 Likes

This is all just a simple misunderstanding. Once Trump realizes that these NEA and NEH “endowments” pose no challenge to his self-proclaimed status as cock of the walk he’ll lose interest and leave them alone.

7 Likes

The GOP will make sure that he doesn’t lose interest before they are gone, not to worry.

10 Likes

Fellow that grew up on PBS, its science and computer programming, and I will cosign your statement, while adding this gem from my childhood.

And on a less sad front and more amusing.

We need Mr. Rodgers to come back and speak in front of congress again.

20 Likes

Grover’s response:

22 Likes

Say, what has Serrano been up to lately, anyway?

3 Likes

7 Likes