Trump's chief Goldman-Sachs goblin tells America they can buy a new car for $1000

Yeah this is definitely a “let them eat cake” moment isn’t it? :neutral_face:

7 Likes

Hey, my plan gets me 2 cars, and some money for booze…

3 Likes

Gary Cohn was paid $7.3 million in 2016. Even assuming a seven-day week, that’s $20,000 every single day.

He hasn’t any clue what $1,000 buys. He can’t. It’s a rounding error on a rounding error for him.

10 Likes

Is it time to break out the guillotines yet? It really seems like it’s the time to break out the guillotines…

16 Likes

I’m unsure how much of it is “out of touch” and how much is just using a different definition of “typical”.

If the peasants aren’t people, the average wealth of the remaining “real” people is much higher.

7 Likes

People in the US aren’t going hungry en masse, yet. But when they do, all bets are off…

4 Likes

Except in Puerto Rico.

15 Likes

well, I do hear “long pig” is delicious, and to think about it, the ones who get to eat all the luxurious food, have spare money to spend on massages etc… (basically those who live like a Kobe cattle…)… Hmm…

1 Like

Fair point, pedantry aside; I should have specified Continental US.

The people in PR are definitely suffering.

I joke all the time about knowing who I’m going after first if we ever have to literally ‘eat the rich’ to survive, but I don’t expect anyone to be ‘tasty’ or to ‘enjoy the meal’ should that reality come to fruition.

I really hope it never gets to that point.

3 Likes

I don’t imagine that it would, but if it did, I can imagine programs like those that feed the homeless by hunting suburban “nuisance” deer…
"Bob, I pulled a permit for Mar a Lago… The neighborhood’s going to eat well tonight!

1 Like

I was gonna say something snide about how this is what Americans deserves for not exercising their democratic right to vote. But Australia has compulsory voting and the choice between bullshit and dogshit so we aren’t really any better off.

3 Likes

Eat the rich.

4 Likes

America is not a democratic state; their immediate problem is the seizure of power by a fascist minority.

Australia is a democratic state. Our immediate problem is that most Australians are xenophobic arseholes.

6 Likes

And let it be said that no one “deserves” this.

I don’t wish our current plight on any other country.

8 Likes

psst compost. they’ll feed more that way, too, which is more than we can say now.

7 Likes

Oh, composting, feeding our farm & domestic animals; if the shit ever hits the fan for real, 1 percenters really won’t like how ‘creative’ some of us will become…

5 Likes

He’s an economic advisor. He can’t be expected to know anything about the economic environment that surrounds 99% of the American public. Like all the other plutocrats in the Trump Administration, he’s accustomed to having someone else (aka the workers) pick up the tab for his lifestyle.

5 Likes

I think that happened post 1945. Truman, Eisenhower, and Kennedy were nascent elected emperors and to varying degrees still represented old republic thinking. Johnson, Nixon, and Carter were expected to fully embrace the role of elected emperor by the shadow elite of the time (the pentagon, intelligence agencies, finance, multinational corporations), Failing to completely occupy that role, all were portrayed as failures, and all were unable to serve two full terms. Reagan embraced the role, as did Clinton, G.W.Bush, and Obama. G.H.W. Bush referred to the reactionary globalist/imperialists in his administration as the “crazies”. He had one term.

And in this case, “point of inflection” might as well read, “point of infection”.

5 Likes

As I said a while ago

1 Like

I still miss him/her :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes