Trump's "first 100 days" plan

Add arrest and detain protesters and activists to the list:

2 Likes

It’s more humorous than bad, as he’s putting lobbyists on his shortlist for cabinet positions, has a close advisor who was a lobbyist for Russia, and literally sent out requests for money from foreigners.

Seriously, it’s like he forgot about anything applying to him already.

Also, who has three FIRSTS in their list? This list was made by a child.

7 Likes

I wonder how Trump’s version will differ from this previous 2010 try?

Now he is going to be president, he won’t need to bribe politicians any more, I guess.

Edit: oh, wait, you’re serious.

Bwwahahahahahahah!

4 Likes

I hate to ask, but what about his cunning plan to “take back the Internet”?

He will censor it, HE WILL CENSOR US!!!

1 Like

He can try.

We are a lighthouse. Your call.

3 Likes

thanks!

3 Likes

I think the problem is that EVERYONE thinks that their congresscritter is great. It’s why they rarely get voted out, no matter what sort of BS they pull. As long as they bring home the local bacon, their constiuents don’t care.

Institutional knowledge can be passed along to new people.

3 Likes

Need a kitty hug? Many of us are feeling as angry and frustrated as you. It’s okay to feel that way.

9 Likes
14 Likes

God damn it… I can’t remember the last time it rained here. City has been getting smoke from some wildfires in the north of the state…

7 Likes

Ok was just trying to help your mood !

So, you’re saying that competitive districts would be a better idea?

3 Likes

Limiting legislators’ experience and telling them that the clock is ticking for them to cash in - what could possibly go wrong?

6 Likes

I guess even the most terrible candidates can have something positive among their ideas (I still feel compelled, though, to say that “one law in, x laws out” is the prototypical example of H. L. Mencken’s “clear, simple and wrong” idea for solving an excess of dubious legislation)

It’s not really Trump’s policies that worry me, though they’ll probably be as generally awful as this lists suggests.

It’s this and this and Le Pen and friends being emboldened and all the rest of the god-awful nasties realising they don’t have to hide any more.

6 Likes

SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);

“Federal public safety workforce” is such a charming euphemism for the police state.

8 Likes

Whoa! I’ll say right here and right now that mine is an asshole and I vote against him (and encourage others to do as well!) at every opportunity.

My town didn’t vote for him, but it’s a big district, I’m doing what I can.

4 Likes

Okay. Look. This isn’t about any single person, so don’t feel personally attacked here. I’m not sure why you’d think I was doing that. Of course there are some people who don’t vote for their congress critter, but the majority do return theirs to office. That’s true across the political spectrum.

My point is that congress critters are often overwhelmingly voted back into office, no matter what their actual record. Part of that is because there is often no other option available. I voted for mine (a democrat) because I don’t want to just vote him out to vote him out and put in yet another republican. The key problem is the gerrymandered districts that have evolved over the past few decades precisely to entrench people into their positions. How we shape the districts should be done in a as non-partisan manner as possible, but it’s a politicized process.

6 Likes

I really like having a non-partisan primary here (it’s new for this area, I think). If the Dem isn’t good enough, we can vote for another and still have a good choice in the general. Like as not the two candidates will always be democrats.

3 Likes