Trump's former Russia adviser Fiona Hill to testify on Giuliani, Sondland, 'shadow Ukraine policy' before Congress: Reports

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/10/trumps-former-russia-adviser.html

12 Likes

27 Likes

31 Likes

The Shadow Ukraine Policy is my new dungeoncore band name

21 Likes

I’m finding myself unable to keep up with all the self-inflicted scandals around Ukraine and Giuliani (vis-a-vis his work for Trump), and who all the mooks are who are involved. There’s this unending chain of grifters who latched onto Trump’s administration and who are now being unspooled.

Dozens of people should really be going to jail when all this is over.

22 Likes

10 Likes

That last tweet that was a video showing Giuliani definitely knew the two Goons that was the best part of all I’m falling over laughing

10 Likes

15 Likes

Those guys sure look like a couple of cabbage rolls, eh?

5 Likes

“Tiny Hands, Fakes Tans”

1 Like

I will be amazed if she appears. Stunned, actually. But, if she does appear, I will be even more stunned if she says anything much beyond “I am unable to speak to that at this time.” Trump may be a boob, but his fleet of lawyers know how to turn the thumbscrews on people.

1 Like

Dear constitutional scholars,

What does the Constitution say about getting impeached, but continuing your campaign for re-election, and then getting re-elected?

Just wondering.

2 Likes

I do wonder how far the administration will go to prevent her from testifying. Assign her issuing visas in Ulan Bator? Declare that if she shows up that she is absent from her job without leave? What if congress re schedules here testimony for the weekend?

The constitution says that it takes a two thirds majority to convict the president of impeachment and remove the president from office. After that, the senate can hold another vote to disqualify the impeached president from ever being president again. Since no president has ever been removed from office through impeachment there is no precedent, but looking at impeachments of other federal officials on wikipedia it looks like removal does not always come with disqualification.

So it is possible to be impeached and removed from office, have the senate choose not to disqualify you, and then run again and win.

7 Likes

Called holubtsi or golubtsi in Ukraine.

And I think I’m going to go get some this weekend in honor of those two duraki.

3 Likes

I envy you a bit. It may not look very appetizing, but it’s good stuff. I miss many of the cold salads, too.

2 Likes

The thing about conspiracies is: the bigger they get, the harder it is to keep it all hidden. (This is why the whole “moon landing hoax” would never work-- thousands of NASA employees and associated contractors keeping it all secret for decades? Nope.) So it was bound to happen that someone with access to what Trump and Guiliani were doing would come forward. And it’s exacerbated by the fact that these guys are incompetent and working in the service of a dumbass (probably some of Donnie’s close advisors have been hard at work from day one keeping him from blurting out too much on social media or public events-- can’t keep that up forever.)

6 Likes

I disliked a lot of that food growing up, but now relish it when I can find it.

1 Like

♪ ♫ “If you like subpoena coladas…getting caught in Ukraine…” ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯

9 Likes

Why? Hill is not a Trump crony; she’s a long-term expert on the geographic area and it’s politics, without a particularly partisan background. She has no loyalty to the administration.

Like Giuliani? “Keep quiet or I’ll torture myself some more! Owwww! See? You wouldn’t want that!”

Edit: forgot a negative :blush:

2 Likes