Trump admits sending Giuliani to Ukraine, having denied it during impeachment

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/14/trump-admits-sending-giuliani.html

5 Likes

I hadn’t thought a person could be so vile.

24 Likes

Stay tuned…you ain’t seen nothing yet.

38 Likes

and the GOP senators will not feel like suckers of course, because they knew this was true all along. a truly despicable pack of mutts. there really is nothing this guy can do that will make these people put country first over party. what a freaking disgrace.

33 Likes

22 Likes

They never had principles. The people holding those offices were groomed to be caretakers for their masters’ desires. And, since principled people were not chosen in the first place, we have a GOP senate full of spineless wanderers who cannot actually tell up from down until they are told which is up and which is down on any particular day at any particular moment by their puppet master.

28 Likes

sadly, no argument here.

7 Likes

You are right. I keep hoping that someone will show some spine because it’s hard to think that more than half the US senate has been taken over by people who literally just don’t give a shit about the senate. But that’s a fantasy. I keep thinking that if the US collapses some of them will feel sorry, but I just don’t really have a reason to even think that. I think Mitch will just smile.

28 Likes

As someone once tweeted:

Washington Post: Trump shits himself

White House: The President would never shit himself

Trump: I SHAT MYSELF ON PURPOSE!

38 Likes

Daily: Impeached president commits impeachable offense.

28 Likes

Look at Mitt Romney, the only one to dissent in the impeachment. He was never a paragon of principled stands, “I’ll fight you because my position is right!” He was always a panderer to business, the puppet masters as I described. He never cared about regular people. And yet he is the one with a hint of bone in his spine. He’s no hero for that dissent. A total anti-hero with a bit part.

And the rest of them? Lost. Irretrievable. Show them the door. They stink like last week’s garbage.

11 Likes

FOX news: Was that shit?
Republicans: That wasn’t actually shit. No, it was something else chocolate. Chocolate for the people! Heil great leader!

11 Likes

Here you go. I have this one bookmarked.

14 Likes

Can he be impeached again now for lying to Congress?

WHY IS THIS SHITSTAIN STILL IN OFFICE?

11 Likes

Ok, but now he’s surely learned his lesson, right?

/s

12 Likes

I wouldn’t completely go with “He never cared about regular people.” As governor of MA he was instrumental in pushing through universal health care for all children in the state. He did a number of other things on the state level that were definitely good for the masses, particularly the middle class. I agree he is not a bastion of principled ideals…but in looking at levels of grey, he’s certainly not the same shade as McConnell, Ryan, Gingrinch for example.

14 Likes

Legally and ethically? Absolutely. Is it going to happen in today’s political climate? Not a chance.

12 Likes

He can be impeached again and again for all his many crimes. But he can be acquitted again and again by the Republican majority in the Senate.

11 Likes

13 Likes

I think we’re in this place now where we end up coming across as praising people for doing things that we would have previous been angry at them for not doing. I saw a clip of people praising John Kelly for telling the truth about Trump and Vindman and I was like, “Give me a break,” but the person who was praising Kelly immediately said, “because that’s where we are in America today, praising people for just not lying to our faces.”

And that’s where Mitt Romney is. We’re grateful that Mitt just didn’t gaslight us. Romney stood up and said, “Yes, what is obviously happening is really happening, I saw it too.”

Romney appears to be a person who thinks you really are supposed to do the right thing, but who engages in some extremely motivated reasoning about what the right thing is. Obviously people like that can be awful people and do horrible things, but just knowing that at some point they will hold themselves to some line is a bit of a comfort. People like Trump, McConnell and Barr are rare sorts. It’s too bad the US electoral system seems to select for them so heavily.

22 Likes