Trump's ICE snitch-line is full of people secretly trying to deport their in-laws

Not surprised at all.

My wife used to work for Children’s Protective Services and a ridiculous volume of their calls was people trying to get back at someone. Relative/Neighbor/Babysitter/etc.

12 Likes

See? The system works!

(For those who know how to work the system.)

3 Likes

I don’t think he is full time anymore, but I think i know where @falcor keeps his long form birth certificate

4 Likes

He rather liked people. It was a major failing in a demon.

Oh, he did his best to make their short lives miserable, because that was his job, but nothing he could think up was half as bad as the stuff they thought up themselves. They seemed to have a talent for it. It was built into the design, somehow. They were born into a world that was against them in a thousand little ways, and then devoted most of their energies to making it worse.

-Good Omens

12 Likes

Niemoller is beginning to get tired; he’s been reciting his poem for months.

2 Likes

Like a Russian Horst Wessel? The poster boy for a totalitarian regime?

Edit: though having looked on Wikipedia, Herbert Norkus, is probably a better fit. I also learned of Lei Feng, the Chinese Communist Exemplar. Oddly he seems to be held up as a model of helping people rather than being beastly.

@Mister44 Those Russian dudes know how to rock a serious chapeau.

2 Likes

I also thought of Norkus, but he didn’t turn in his father to the Nazis and their regime wasn’t yet in power. Morozov is closer to the mark in terms of the culture of fear and betrayal these sorts of official snitch-lines create, whatever the ideology of the authoritarians in charge.

1 Like

Bronze Stazi Badge Achievement!

5 Likes

Kids, eh?

1 Like

This stuff predates Trump and several other administrations allt he way back to the days when the Customs service was part of the Treasury Department.

There’s been an 800 number to report smuggling going back to the 1980’s and it was frequently used to complain about people who might be illegal aliens.

One common thread was 'I know the people at XYZ fast food place must be illegal aliens as they don’t speak English".

I can’t speak for things now as I am retired for half a decade but this stuff back when I worked on such things was laughed off and ignored unless substantive information was offered…

So don’t blame Trump as such, he does enough buggered up stuff but no need to hang thing son him that started long before he became the chief alligator in the undrained swamp.

1 Like

Yup.

Trump isn’t the cause, he’s the effect. This has been building since the birth of the nation.

4 Likes

BTW: the Trump administration is deporting at a slower rate than Obama (so far), but is arresting immigrants at a higher rate.

The obvious consequence of this is that the immigration prisons are rapidly filling up. And they’re building more.

2 Likes

Has anyone snitched on Melania yet? She might even appreciate being allowed to go home.

2 Likes

“Is this the ICE Snitch Line? I want to report someone. Her name is Melania Trump… you want to know my name, its Melania Trump…”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.