Trump's lawyers want him not to do interview with Mueller in Russia inquiry: NYT

Clients may have the right to remain silent, but how many of them have the ability to remain silent?

6 Likes

So who do we have to bribe to get Fox news to say that Trump would CRUSH Mueller in an interview? And or perhaps get the NYT to say that Trump is a scaredy cat if he refuses?

4 Likes

How hard would it be to hack a teleprompter?

1 Like

Off topic, but I’m not seeing the “Like” button?

Using IE 11 at work.

They love ‘decisive men of action’ who stir up anti-LGBT feelings and jail/assassinate opponents. Their dream world.

3 Likes

Run your cursor over its likely location. Does 'like this post" appear?

1 Like

If they allow the interview and Trump ends up flubbing himself in a way that sets him up for impeachment, Trump is likely to blame it all on his lawyers. ‘How dare you let me get up there and talk!’

Thanks! That did the trick!

1 Like

For the record, remember that these lawyers did not talk to the press by accident. If they want you to think that Trump is absolutely incapable of telling the truth, it is because you thinking that will help Trump and hurt you.

Here’s how this is going to shake out.

MUELLER: Thank you for meeting with me, Mr. President. Could you state your full name for the record?
TRUMP: Donald John Trump.
WASHINGTON POST FACTCHECK: Huh? Oh, um, true.
FOX/RUSSIAN BOTS/FRIENDS OF RUSSIAN BOTS: Trump Defies Odds, Tells Beautiful Truths! Liberals Suicidal As Trump Brings the Truth Train.

Doesn’t matter what he admits to, perjures himself over, or takes the fifth on. That’ll be the story. Even his own lawyers underestimated our great truthful president. You know, some people are saying he’s more truthful than Washington.

Now, does this keep him in office/out of jail in the fullness of time? Eh, dunno. But that’s a whole different thing, not one he has much control over. The meeting drama is about conditioning your expectations for the meeting. When and if it happens, and Mueller leaves without Trump in handcuffs, that’ll be the beginning of the pivot. Because remember, until the indictments are made and unsealed, all we’ll ever know about what Trump says is what his lawyers will tell us. “Frankly, I have never witnessed such bold and non-incriminating truth-telling in my life. At one point I thought the special counsel would literally die from it.”

1 Like

I’m not sure that Republicans believe Der Gropenfuhrer’s lies – I think they’re just willing to accept anything from a useful idiot who enables their corporate masters’ agenda.

2 Likes

well, its given that Trump would blame anybody but himself, but beyond that they would have perfect deniability. Its not like they suggested it - it was his idea, publicly stated. The only way he gets to blame it on somebody else is by owning his own spectacular incompetence.

I hope his lawyers have agreed to be paid up front. Trump has a long history of stiffing contractors when it comes to paying up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.