Trump's new assistant Drug Czar: a 24-year-old campaign volunteer with no experience, in charge of billions to end the opioid epidemic

Although I understand the sentiment, I can’t upvote you because you made me look at his fugging ugly mug.

Jarred is on the outs now and besides, Trump just found out the he’s Jewish.

3 Likes

“Although I understand the sentiment, I can’t upvote you because you made me look at his fugging ugly mug.”

8 Likes

Y’all are just jealous when you see a real achiever. This could be the next president of the United States of America.

4 Likes

He fixed the Middle East back in December. The opioid crisis should be handled sometime late next week. The VA is the more intractable situation, so it may not be turned around until this spring.

Tough room.

6 Likes

16 Likes

He’s gonna clean up this country!

5 Likes

Man, when they were scrambling to fill slots after the inauguration and not vetting anybody, I should have applied with a bullshit resume. Could have gotten some good dirt for a few months.

8 Likes

drugs, it’s a powerful privilege…

1 Like

Oh, come on. Surely such a questionable decision will at last convince Trump voters that they elected a demented fuckwit who’s not fit to lead anything, let alone the nation. Please?

6 Likes

The response I’m seeing from Trumpville is that the Trumpers are aggressively refusing to understand the very idea of “qualified.” (Which makes sense, given their choice of president.) They’re saying he should be “given a chance” and gotten rid of if he “fails.” Whatever that means in this context.

11 Likes

This is a voter base fiercely devoted to a bankrupted real estate developer & game show host; part of their viewpoint is that Washington itself is some kind of toxic arena, and spending time getting job experience there taints a person; being someone with zero experience is actually a huge huge plus for them as they see them as having an “outside perspective”.

12 Likes

I think it’s less a devotion to HIM, rather its a culture war against THEM. Trump could be anyone, and the same people would defend that person against the “libertards”,

5 Likes

Dunning-Kruger?

2 Likes

Yeah. But there’s also a more general skepticism/hostility to the very idea of expertise, too. The idea that someone might have specialized knowledge/skills required to perform certain tasks, rather than it just requiring a “smart” person. Conveniently, this means you can always find someone who will support your biases, because they don’t have to actually “know” anything about the subject.

12 Likes

Isn’t that what he says about everything?

2 Likes

plus greed

2 Likes

Tragically, someone else moved faster, and by the time he got there all the good shit had gone…

2 Likes

Okay, somebody should tell OB that a gouverment does NOT work like the fucking apprentice.

2 Likes

If they’re all dead then no more problem!
/s

2 Likes