Trump's travel ban throws roller derby into chaos

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/24/trumps-travel-ban-throws-rol.html

5 Likes

Why not just move it to Canada? I also think that even if no teams were directly affected by the ban a lot of people would prefer to not come here because of the Republican Administration and its policies.

9 Likes

Behdadi was not born in Iran and holds a Swedish passport, but Iran still considers them a citizen because of their parents.

A common problem with Iran in particular- it’s actually not possible to renounce Iranian citizenship.

8 Likes

Even Derby Gals hate tRump, go figure…

2 Likes

Many players hold citizenship in one of the banned countries…

That means they’re terrorists, right? On rollerskates?

4 Likes

Sure they do. I’ve known quite a few, they’re badass.

I love Roller Derby, and not just because Damon Runyon invented it.*

*No, seriously, he did.

6 Likes

4 Likes

… Just look at their skating names…Allie Kayda? Judy Boom? Yep, sound like terrorists to me…

8 Likes

I predict that some of our local teams here in HI will run afoul of this the next time they try to go to the mainland for a meet. HI ain’t part of the US, don’cha know?

2 Likes

I don’t want to stereotype but I know a couple of roller derby gals who’d love to get Trump and Pence into the ring…as the opposing team.

5 Likes

Trump’s travel ban throws roller derby into chaos

As it should be. Guess POTUS Trump is managing to fix some stuff after all.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.