Trump's Veterans Day speech mirrors Hitler's statements almost word for word

Oh My God Omg GIF

The left is SO uncivil! /s

8 Likes

One of the few people from his administration that Trump has never criticized or distanced himself from is Stephen Miller, despite Trump routinely discarding people who are not useful to him, and despite, or possibly because, of his connection to far right White nationalists.

10 Likes

As a veteran, let me just say “fuck Donald Trump with a chainsaw.” That’s all.

5 Likes

“Mr Trump, your proctologist will see you now.”

6 Likes

has he not seen his own family? yikes. no thank you.

it’s hard to believe ■■■■■ can still shock me. but that sure does it. if anyone has ever doubted the gop will soon go after interracial marriage, doubt no longer.

11 Likes

So where are two of your three wives from Trump?

9 Likes

Or Stephen Miller wrote this post. He reportedly recommended Hitler speeches to people, previously. And it is a bit too coherent for a Trump post, so he probably had help, even if just with the big words and grammar. But the sentiment is 100% Trump, either way.

No, no, no - you don’t understand. They’re not “migrants” if they’re white.

8 Likes

In the mar a lago bunker, classified document storage vault bathroom no less

7 Likes

At least no one will be making a movie “They Saved Trump’s Brain!” aka “The Madmen of Mar-a-Lago”.

6 Likes

I kind of wonder if Trump would still bother to assume that in addition to criminals, drug carriers, and rapists, some Mexicans are good people. :frowning:

6 Likes

“Good people” will also get sent to the camps, so it doesn’t matter.

Trump’s new plans involve putting immigrants in concentration camps before deportation, but given ICE detains even US citizens with some regularity, and Trump’s plan involves deputizing exactly the kind of local law enforcement that was harassing people just for speaking Spanish during the Trump administration, it’s clearly going to be full of people who aren’t undocumented immigrants. And that’s before we get into Trump’s other plans for concentration camps for the homeless - clearly if he ever manages to get camps built, the list of people going into them is just going to expand…

6 Likes

And in fact good people also were sent to the camps. I think it’s worth remembering this isn’t even just future plans, Trump was already setting up concentration camps with children being separated from parents while in office.

9 Likes

Where would anyone get a jar that small? :thinking:

Nah. Still too big.

5 Likes

The GOP has given us far more rapists than Mexico.

8 Likes

<insert usual statement of confusion of why any veteran/military person and/or person who remembers what WW2 was about would even remotely consider this to be a “good thing” and “the right man for the job”>

11 Likes

The shear hypocrisy of someone who is married to a migrant, ranting about migrants, would amaze me, if it were not for the obvious fact that when the orange shitgibbon says migrants, we all know what he really means is people who aren’t white :rage:

5 Likes

It’s also recalling McCarthyism and one of its architects, Trump’s buddy Roy Cohn.

Ironic (or perhaps deliberate) that this was done on Veteran’s day. McCarthyism’s downfall began when Joe McCarthy and Cohn went after the military.

10 Likes

I mean, to be fair, Hitler was himself, short, not blond, and part Jewish and his cronies mostly also did not fit his Master Race ideals.

So, really, it tracks.

(And yes, this is totally barely coded language meaning not white).

2 Likes

That appears to be a myth.

Speculations have been made, particularly regarding Johann Nepomuk and a Graz Jew by the name of Leopold Frankenberger, rumored by the head of the General Government in Nazi-occupied Poland, Hans Frank during the Nuremberg Trials. Historians have concluded that Frank’s speculation has no factual support. Frank said that Maria came from “Leonding near Linz”, when in fact she came from the hamlet of Strones, near the village of Döllersheim. No evidence has been found that a “Frankenberger” lived in the area; the Jews were expelled from Styria (which includes Graz) during the 15th century and were not permitted to return until the 1860s, several decades after the birth of Alois.[

8 Likes

Thank you, that is totally helpful and apologies for persisting something that’s both likely wrong and already fairly persistent.

Original point minus that still stands though – dude ranted about a lot of things that… he wasn’t himself and neither were his inner circle for the most part. This is definitely not new and sadly people keep falling for it.

8 Likes