Trump doubles down on Nazi rhetoric

Originally published at: Trump doubles down on Nazi rhetoric

7 Likes

I just wish that more people would recognize this language when it appears… but of course, since we have a society wide attack on the humanities, that’s less likely…

29 Likes

He probably got it from that book that he doesn’t have, and wouldn’t read if he did have it, which he doesn’t, and certainly not at his bedside cabinet.

21 Likes

The two Steves (Cheung and Miller) probably deserve an assist for this speech. We can’t give Adolf all of the credit. :man_facepalming:

13 Likes

Realizing that he didn’t have the intellectual requirements to get into a worthy enough college and (per Mary Trump) having to fall back on having his SAT taken by someone else, the racist-friendly soothing words offered in Mein Kampf must have provided some measure of solace and feelings of superiority.

13 Likes

He had no interest in being “intelligent”, as he knew that a spot was reserved for him at an elite university. Being smarter has nothing to do with who gets into schools like wharton. That’s a bullshit narrative that has no basis in truth.

15 Likes

Pictured: Immigrants poisoning the bloodline of America.

22 Likes

Also, hereditary draft dodging.

26 Likes

oh, but I think they do, and normalizing is key.

The broadcaster Mehdi Hasan said on Saturday: “Classic Trump: say something crazy outrageous, neo-Nazi-like and it gets headlines, creates outrage.

“So wait a little. Then say it again, no one notices, no coverage, and it gets normalized and mainstreamed.

“Let’s be clear: migrants ‘poisoning the blood’ is Hitler rhetoric.”

I mean, is the following appropriate? is it ok to finaly draw the comparison?

17 Likes

Rather distressingly, the UK Prime Minister said much the same thing using much the same language in his speech at a gathering of fascists in Italy where he had been invited by the Italian PM. (Which, for someone with his background is extraordinary.)

We are really, really not in a good place right now.

16 Likes

See also his gormless kapo son-in-law, who got into Harvard on the back of a multi-million dollar donation.

I genuinely doubt that von Clownstick has read a full book since All Quiet on the Western Front, the middle-school standard he cites as his “favourite”.

12 Likes

It has never been an unfair comparison.

The problem is when Trump supporters find out he is using the same language as Hitler/Mussolini/etc. their reaction is not “Oh no, maybe Trump is a bad guy after all.” Their reaction is “Well hey, maybe those fascists did have some good ideas after all.”

15 Likes

exactly. they do fucking know! at this point, they have to, and they dont care; its already normalized.

8 Likes

crosspost from

8 Likes

Graham supports sein Fuhrer, as the ends justify the means.

4 Likes

Of course they know, and they agree. They too want a white ethnostate. People are giving way too much of a doubt to the republicans at this point. We’ve had nearly 8 years of this. They know who he is. They know what he’s saying. They want it.

15 Likes

Cue Moms for Liberty quoting Hitler, with proper attribution on their newsletter. They know, and are perfectly fine with it.

25 Likes

i’m waiting patiently for elise stefanik, et al to tell him to end his campaign. he’s obviously couldn’t even be a university president after this…

( /s on the first part of that. not denouncing genocide loud enough is fit for firing, because the goal, apparently, is calling for genocide :confused: )

5 Likes

14 Likes

I’m sure Graham is just following orders.

8 Likes