Trumpy Bear: 22-inch toy with US flag stuffed inside

Ahh, but this train never stops . . .
images

3 Likes
  1. a flag stuffed into a “hidden zipper”

.Not really where I expected the zipper to be…

1. Alas, not the first stupid incarnation of “Trumpy”. See MST3K’s version of Pod People.

7 Likes

Counterpoint:

Fake news! It’s made in China! Er, wait…

Metaphorically if not actually. Possibly also literally, though.

10 Likes

Right?!?!? I saw the first low budget ads, before they made enough money to increase their production value. They would always be on very late at night / early morning. Probably on channels that show a lot of history documentaries (Nazis!).

2 Likes

Except

3 Likes

Actual contents of Trumpy Bear:

15 Likes

I’ve been seeing ads for this thing for two years on TV.

1 Like

Warning: Do not leave alone with young women or small children

3 Likes

“I"m a former Marine”

Said no Marine ever. It’s kinda a thing for them.

12 Likes

I think they put that one in because of Abbie Hoffman

6 Likes

Customers who bought this item also bought

https://www.amazon.com/Sun-Joe-CJ603E-1-7-Inch-Diameter/dp/B077YDZ725/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1542049347&sr=1-3-spons&keywords=wood+chipper&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/SUNNYSIDE-CORPORATION-700G1-1-Gallon-Kerosene/dp/B000LNWHBQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1542049393&sr=8-3&keywords=kerosene

8 Likes

The first part of the video reminded me of Sturmlied - Wikipedia

the de facto anthem of the SA until it was gradually supplanted by the Horst-Wessel-Lied.

i have a copy of the flag code that came with a flag that predates Hoffman, so i don’t think it’s because of him. i think he did it to tweak the nose of the same type of people who swoon over this godawful bear, though. i know it’s said a lot these days, but seriously… trumpism is a CULT, or at least it’s brainwashing. it’s just staggering.

4 Likes

I honestly still can’t tell if they are marketing this to deplorables or as a satire that they expect people to buy just to mock and/or destroy.

I do suspect that the answer is both.

5 Likes

welp

5 Likes

Trumpy, you can do stupid things!

4 Likes

Just keep Trumpy Bear out of the rain.

2 Likes

Wait, so this is not a parody?

After seeing the ad 50 times or so, I concluded it was not. The sellers may not be sincere, but they are seriously invested.

1 Like