Try this fun asteroid impact simulator and visualize Earth's annihilation

Originally published at: Try this fun asteroid impact simulator and visualize Earth's annihilation | Boing Boing

1 Like

no link to the simulator?

3 Likes

You can find it in the other posts about this same thing

2 Likes

Déjà vu (Reboing) @pesco

1 Like

cheers! thanks

1 Like

Why is my apartment at the epicenter of this crater?

3 Likes

I’m sure you know what you’ve done.

6 Likes

Well, a bit disappointing. Changing the impact angle in this model doesn’t affect the damage in the way that computational fluid dynamics suggests it should. I’ve seen some interesting calculations of the effects of shallow-angle impacts. Maybe I’ll dig some up …wait, what’s that curious light in the sky?

4 Likes

I see what you did there.

2 Likes

Actually that phrasing was a coincidence.

Interestingly where I live is on the edge of the rim of an ancient asteroid strike that affects the local geography to this day, namely the water table.

5 Likes

The earth’s destruction you say? Never occurred to me, I only thought of destroying certain parts of Ireland thoroughly while staying alive myself.

Funny how it goes.

4 Likes

This simulator where edible anuses destroy earth is getting a lot of traction of late

1 Like

Ha, funny! I do, too. We have a crater park, and the local hillside is still scattered with crystal rocks created during the impact. Local “emerald mountain” owes its existence to the strike. A view from the “rim” reveals a 5-mile wide bowl.

The impact was only “proved” about 20 years ago. It is mostly eroded out because it was 84 million YA.

3 Likes

I used live on the rim of a crater. Now, I just sail over it from time to time.

4 Likes

Hmmm, what is needed to destroy, no more, no less, than Mar-A-Lago…

2 Likes
2 Likes

Who do you think you are, Cromwell?

1 Like

tenor (2)

tumblr_m7y6jf7zoR1r6p48c540

3 Likes

Shattering Moon? Thundarr knows best!

2 Likes

Funnily enough Drogheda was one place I tried to obliterate entirely off the face of the earth. So yeah, a bit maybe?

3 Likes