TSA seize tiny, itsy-bitsy gun from sock-monkey

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2013/12/09/tsa-seize-tiny-itsy-bitsy-gun.html

I think that that monkey, and its gun, represent an existential threat to The Sockpuppets That Defend America.

Little banana-eater is lucky he isn’t getting a ‘Cuban Experience’ right now…

I’d feel more scared if someone held a tube of Chap-Stik to my neck than a two-inch long gun.

but I’m not a TSA agent, so I don’t know much about scaring people.

Is that really the criteria? If it’s pressed to your neck and it feels like a gun, it’s forbidden?

So I guess markers are no longer permitted on airplanes?

It’s lipstick you have to watch out for…

Can we please get a name for this mental-giant, so we can subject the agent to the appropriate level of mocking and derision?

I will give up my toy gun when you pry it from my cold dead sockmonkey paws.

I know my rights.

Reminds me of this (genius) tweet from Billmon: https://twitter.com/billmon1/status/369596291749511168

So they took the toy gun from the monkey, but let the woman through with her sewing supplies, which I’m guessing included sharp needles. [Keep in mind there are specific devices designed to prevent them from penetrating their user’s skin, that’s how easily they can pierce someone’s flesh.]

The movie Idiocracy was not meant to be a prophecy or a blueprint, people!

Causing much more than discomfort with basic sewing needles takes some doing; but they had no idea if they were coated with anything…

“Stop! I hold at your neck the gom jabbar … the high-handed enemy. It’s a needle with a drop of poison on its tip …”

So what, Jim Henson was the leader of the biggest terrorist group before he died? Are the Muppets a security threat? Does Kermit have a secret agenda to bring about the end of the United States government?

If you said yes to any of these, you might work for the TSA!

I, for one, welcome our gun toting sock monkey overlords!

Rooster Monkburn is looking a might puny; he could use more paunch.

Oh, I don’t know. Seems to me that in this instance the TSA was actually doing its job.

Not to be “that guy” but the article looks like it says she was in St. Louis, going to SeaTac when she was stopped?

Never mind, I am that guy.

There is only one solution to this problem, BUDGET CUTS.

Obligatory…

It all seems pretty strange if you consider that we’re allowed to bring knitting needles onto flights. I have some aluminum US10 needles that could end a few zombies without too much effort. Those aren’t dangerous, but a 2" toy incapable of firing a projectile? That’s what’s dangerous.

The TSA does a good job of providing jobs to high-school dropouts. While there may be some exceptional high-school dropouts and others that have skilled blue collar jobs, those are not the high-school dropouts working for the TSA… keeping 'murka safe.

We have a new threat and we need to take this seriously people. Tiny terrorists putting tiny toy guns to our heads. Thank god for this alert savior.