Tucker Carlson already has job offers — from Russia state TV

At the FSB, instead of this:

Always Be Closing Alec Baldwin GIF

it’s

Always
Be
Cultivating

(or всегда закрывайся, but it loses something in translation)

6 Likes

How can you get a job offer for a job that you’re already doing?

4 Likes

A stranglewank that goes horribly, comically wrong?
This is fun!

5 Likes

the sound of music dancing GIF

7 Likes

I had pointed out (I think) Carlson’s invoking of the war resistance stance attributed to Mohammed Ali, by perversely flipping it on Ukraine: “Did Putin ever call me a racist?”

Ironically in hindsight, he followed immediately with “Has he threatened to get me fired for disagreeing with him?”

Knowing how Putin has dispatched people who disagree with him (@p96 already said it), I wonder if Carlson thinks he’s bought immunity there.

P.S. I tried to link a story about the Ali quote. It is about the use of the N word, hence the quote and story title include the N word, hence I am prevented from linking it on BB - good policy, but also a good article should you seek it out, Slate, June 2016 (quoting John Lewis as well). Yes, Ali said something along those lines. No, Ali wasn’t the first to say it.

5 Likes

Tucker better ask for a ground floor studio.

4 Likes

It’s a passion project for him

4 Likes

Tuckums moving to Moscow?

3 Likes

alas
Screenshot 182

Defenestrate Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

2 Likes

Perhaps he could cover this story:

4 Likes

Carlson’s departure is in this sense a loss to the Kremlin’s information war. But it can also be used to underline the Kremlin message that all countries behave cynically, that hidden forces determine the real outcome, and that resistance to any government is a hopeless undertaking. Russia is once again stating that the US does not enjoy freedom of speech or freedom of the press. That in turn helps to justify the jailing of Wall Street Journal reporter Evan Gershkovich and open acts of repression like the 25-year sentence handed to Vladimir Kara-Murza.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.