Tucker Carlson declares Trump's indictment a worse assault on democracy than the Jan 6th insurrection

Well, as all the T**** enablers showed, Bragg can safely ignore any subpoenas from the House and possibly even request that the judge hold Gym Jordan or Kevin McCarthy in contempt for obstruction or even charging them with obstruction directly.

I mean, at this point, the GOP is an organized crime family. Charge them with racketeering.

6 Likes

“Talk to the hand!”

4 Likes

RICO. Republican In Crime Organization.

7 Likes

For the rich and with something like fraud? Yeah, there often time isn’t jail time, just fines and probation. :frowning: It definitely isn’t justice - or a two-tired justice system. And if they do serve time, it’s usually at some minimum security prison.

I’d LOVE for him to be found guilty of a felony with at least a year sentence, even in a “cushy” prison. It would be just a start. He should be charged with election tampering and incitement of a riot or insurrection. I am just not holding my breath that we will hold him accountable at all given our past history and the apparent lack of will. I HOPE I am wrong.

4 Likes

I don’t put much weight into anything Tucker ever says.

But I do believe that we’re going to have for the rest of time in this country politicians indicted at all levels for things as retribution for this. I absolutely expect the republicans to find various things to indict Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, Barack Obama, George Soros, and a whole bunch of other “enemies” on. I fully expect every future democrat president to be arrested and charged with crimes both real and imagined from this point forward.

Sure. Let’s just let them win. After all, rich white men should never be held responsible since they might genocide those of us they don’t like… Better to let them continue to rule the world than try and make a world where things like justice actually matter… /s

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

7 Likes

Oh, I’m not saying we don’t indict them. Absolutely, it’s the right thing to do and the necessary thing to do.

I’m just saying that this is the future now. They’re masters of projection, and they’re going to do to us exactly what they say we’re doing to them. So in that regards, Tucker’s right. The right’s going to destroy what’s left of democracy because of this.

2 Likes

Amazing that you can see the future…

5 Likes

Not How It Works Season 2 GIF by Alex Rider TV

They would have to find, and put together at the same time:

1. A corrupt DA
  2. A corrupt judge
  3. A corrupt grand jury

That’s all much harder than it sounds, and it would have to be achieved by a group of people more known for tripping over themselves not for precision and competence.

6 Likes

11 Likes

If they didn’t arrest the first black president for existing- probably not.

It’s easier to arrest someone who committed so many crimes. Even then - look what it took to do so. TFG has been a walking crime wave for over half a century. And literally tried to overthrow the government.

Parking tickets won’t cut it.

Edit:

11 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

I mean former governors definitely do. Illinois has a 30% conviction rate on their last six governors.

6 Likes

Don’t forget the worlds largest democracy, which just sentenced Rahul Gandhi to political irrelevance.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.