Turkish deputy prime minister tells a joke that has women howling with laughter

[Permalink]

1 Like

The poor Prime Minister, his remarks were mistranslated. The journalist reports to have heard him say women should not laugh insanlar, which is Turkish for “at people.”

What he really said is that women should not laugh salata at.

9 Likes

Maybe it’s like that photographer trick of asking the model to give a classic ‘wink’ and photographing the laughter the suggestion elicits.

1 Like

I want a girl who will laugh for no one else
When I’m away she puts her makeup on the shelf
When I’m away she never leaves the house
I want a girl who laughs for no one else

If only Weezer had kept being sarcastically brilliant past their first album. But I digress.

4 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

5 Likes

We need to get this clip to Mr. Arinç, stat!

Note: Please mentally exchange the roles here so that Leela is laughing at Bender.
Thank you for your flexibility :wink:

2 Likes

A man should be sane. He should not dribble utter rubbish from the dark ages. He should not invite others to piss in his face like this.

14 Likes

There’s no need to insult people with mental illnesses by comparing them to this asshole. Most mentally ill people aren’t choosing to bother other people, it’s not something fully under their control.

5 Likes

Or maybe it’s like that old dictator’s trick of outright oppressing women.

3 Likes

Since that’s the actual premise of the article and the reason for all the protests you just might be on to something.

2 Likes

Oh, for crying out loud. There’s this thing called context.

How many adjectives are gonna be off-limits if we go down this road?

I don’t play my PC-ness is bigger than yours; I just try to be decent.

1 Like

“I’m not laughing at you, I’m laughing with you!”

“But. . . I’m not laughing.”

Treatment is simple; great Prime Minister Bülent Arinç is in town tonight. Go and see him.

But, Doctor, I am Bülent Arinç.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.