Turning packing cardboard on a lathe

So mostly he’s turning resin with a little cardboard mixed in…

3 Likes

Twenty comments and no one thought to post this…

I am disappoint.

8 Likes

I’m in this picture and I don’t like it

3 Likes

“The Dig” is on Netflix.

2 Likes

Indeed it is and I will watch it some day. I read the book back when it came out and enjoyed it but really it’s less about archaeology than about that last fraught summer before the war. From the trailer it looks like they have ramped up the romance (which is pretty much nonexistent in the book).

I don’t have too many “process” photos because that would involve recruiting someone else to take pictures while I work (can’t really take pics by myself [you know, you “have to strike while the iron’s hot”]).

I do have some tutorials that I made for another site, and some step by steps that I’ve done for customers to document the creation of their blades that I can post somewhere, and link.

3 Likes

Point taken about the the incompatibility of smithing and documentation. I’d be psyched to see whatever you have.

1 Like

And I’ll make the offer to the fine BB-ers that I did on the site I admin-ed. I run an open shop. At least when the pandemic is no longer a concern I will. If someone wants to learn how to smith, or even just to watch, or even just needs some sort of repairs/sharpening, you’re all welcome to hit me up off list for info. I’m in the OC region of So. Cal, so you’re all welcome once we don’t have to observe quarantine anymore.

4 Likes

More resin-based clutter for the yard sales of the future!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.