Turns out that injecting semen into your arm doesn't cure back pain after all

I see from the article that the BB definition/usage of the term “gentlemen” has spread beyond the bounds of our little community into the real world!

ETA: By the way, NOOOOOO!!! YUCK!!! WTF ARE YOU THINKING!!!

4 Likes

after my appointment i asked if i owed anything, he said not to worry, i was fully covered.

when asked if he properly mixed his semen at least 10000x with sugar water first, he claimed:
“he wasn’t diluted, it’s just straight semen, he isn’t a homeo” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

5 Likes

sorry, i’m the icarus of bad dad jokes. i’ll show myself out.
scoops up damp feathers and wax.
:wink:

2 Likes

Doctor: You got spunk, kid.
Patient: Thanks. So what’s the problem with my arm?
Doctor: I just told you.

13 Likes

Why do you ask?

16 Likes

Poor Aunt May… she never signed up for this.

5 Likes

I’m not sure why you would necessarily expect positive effects; maybe the 40’s were too uptight for “sexually antagonistic coevolution”; but there’s a lot of experimental basis for the theory that some chemical signalling is being done, rather than just life support for sperm cells.

People who aren’t doing mad science seem to prefer fruit flies; because they are fast and cheap and IRBs don’t find them very cute. Those have been tested against all sorts of combinations of heightened competition; non-competition; “experimental evolution under hyper-promiscuity”; Acp70A knockouts that don’t generate sex-peptide; injection of specific seminal fluid proteins into unmated flies, etc. scenarios.

Shockingly enough the results don’t make for a convenient just-so story of vitalist seminal vigor(sometimes rather the contrary); but they certainly lead one to suspect that you’ll find some signalling going on if you poke around. Quite possibly not anything that 40’s gross anatomy inspection would pick up; or necessarily anything that would work neatly cross-species(some of the fly effects were rather specific, down to effects in individual strains; one wonders why your intrepid researchers couldn’t at least have used conspecific semen for testing…); but interesting effects.

2 Likes

Blown

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.