Turtle found living in the belly of a largemouth bass

Originally published at: Turtle found living in the belly of a largemouth bass | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Name that turtle Jonah!

27 Likes

The turtle may have only been in there a few minutes, like it just got eaten and wasn’t in the habit of living inside a fish.

Just sayin, hate to burst your bubble and all. . . .

9 Likes

Turtle found living slowly dying in the belly of a largemouth bass.

12 Likes

So that’s who was singing those songs whenever I walked by that big mouth bass.

16 Likes

well, maybe… Could be some sort of bazaar parasitism though. Wouldn’t that be interesting? As long as it is tougher then the digestive fluids, the turtle has shelter and as much of the food that the bass catches as it wanted. Who knows anything about bass digestive systems here? Strong acid? Weak? Maybe prey is killed by crushing, which it could not do to the turtle cause of the shell? I would say breathing would be an issue but some turtles do stay underwater all winter…

You are probably right though.

1 Like

There are interesting stories like that in nature, but the fact is most turtles breathe air, which would be in short supply inside the belly of a fish.

4 Likes

all of them breath air. but if they’re hibernating they can diffuse oxygen in through their cloacal. It’s possible a very small turtle that is also in a reduced metabolic state could last a long time.

9 Likes

Yeah. I like turtles.

6 Likes

“Hey look, youz guyz! It’s da toy-dal.” (source: Bug Bunny cartoon)

1 Like

In New Jersey speak tur-doyle, yous knows.

1 Like

The gangster-ish BB character who said that was from the Bushwick section of B’klyn, I think.

1 Like

Oh, must be friends with my DearWife of the Five Corners/B’klyn born and raised.

1 Like

Damn (he whispered quietly to himself).

1 Like

Yeah, she don’t like the spicy language in da’ house, or else yous go’n get it.

2 Likes

From what I’ve read about pet turtles, is that they don’t usually thrive in captivity the way they’re usually cared for. But they do take a long time to die. This fish probably just had a bad case of indigestion.

1 Like

“Look at that turtle go, bro…”

2 Likes

Hey man, you’re alive until you’re dead.

3 Likes

You’re undoubtably right, but I will go on preferring to think he’d found a new home and was PISSED they dragged him out of it. “Do you KNOW how hard it is to find a double wide in this economy???”

3 Likes

For a moment I thought this was about Mitch McConnell. In a belly? Yes. But a bass?

1 Like