TV anchor explains sweary exit

We need the original language. Not that the first person to write it down had any special insight, but, still …

True. I was thinking in terms of her news career, because if the pot measures DON’T pass, her ownership of the pot company isn’t going to be worth anything.

But, maybe it’ll work out for her. Hope it does.

Josh

Good.

I can’t even tell if you’re joking or not, but either way, it means you’re paying attention.

1 Like

That’s what they said about Ron Burgundy.

If I say “It’s a shame that Martin Luther King was assassinated for his activism,” it’s not King I’m saying should be ashamed.

1 Like

Wow, that is one seriously, obnoxiously loud autoplay.

I’m still surprised you can get fired for saying ‘fuck it’, even if you do it on live TV.

I don’t think it was really the swearing (and she quit, she wasn’t fired), it was the fact that she was willing to say “fuck it, I quit” live on air. It wasn’t a problem that she was leaving or explaining where she was going next (after all, it seems to have been an actual segment where she was able to explain at some length what the organisation was about). She ‘broke character’ and used her public position to suggest that all was not well between her and her employer. She ends up looking bold and gets lots of free publicity (on top of the publicity they were already giving her), while they look completely out of control of the situation. If she were interviewing for a similar post in the future, it take a while to live that moment down and convince them that she will stick to the agreed notes in future.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.