Tweens are smarter than you think: the wonderful, true story of the ERMAHGERD meme

[Read the post]

6 Likes

Fixed your title:
“Twerns er smerter thern yer thernk: ther wernderfer trer stereri erv ther ERMAHGERD merm”

21 Likes

Did they just “I totally meant to do that”?

4 Likes

As the parent of a tween, almost teen, I approve of this message!

8 Likes

That was pretty great.

1 Like

“RL Stine got pretty grumpy about it…”
Still, he agreed to appear at the end of this video the same year, so he can’t have been too upset about it all:

3 Likes

I wish I could tell her that I love it not to laugh at her, but because I love seeing kids that age excited by something, especially reading! Also, it IS fun to say “ermagehrd!”

7 Likes

As a 50-something British Male, I find “Ermagehrd” very useful when wishing to express my excitement at some new novelty.

5 Likes

I somehow missed the ermahgerd meme when it first came around, only discovering it a couple months later. I love how awesome she is about the whole thing though. Even with the bikini shot:

2 Likes

Tweens are so F’ing cool!

8 Likes

No that is not fixed and please remove yourself from this spot of grass thank you.

2 Likes

All the things are a remash.

14 Likes

This is one of my favorite things that Boing Boing has EVER shared with me. I’m so happy to know the real story behind this meme! It only makes it better.

4 Likes

Shameful story time: my parents bought me a Sega Game Gear and I loved it. I also kinda liked reading. Christmas-time, my grandparents give me conspicuously shaped present: rectangular… Maybe a GG game, or two!? I got so excited opening it… to reveal The Prince and the Pauper and The Jungle Book. I recovered quickly, to weakly exclaim “Books!”

The Game Gear sucked anyway.

1 Like

How the hell does Stine not get it? Maybe he doesn’t get why it’s so popular? It’s pretty obvious why it’s funny.

English wife? I thought she was Welsh! I mean that would explain the pronunciations you quote from her. Better edit it before she reads this. :wink:

4 Likes

Yes they are.

1 Like

Right there witcha both. Good kids. Still kids! But good ones.

10 Likes