Twice, Sacramento cops tried to run down mentally ill man, then they shot him 14 times

<a href=“http://killedbypolice.net/“target=”_blank”>874, but hey, who’s counting?

9 Likes

they’re actually easier to run over if they’re in a home.

4 Likes

“Why,” you ask?

17 Likes

13 Likes

Yeah, but then the cops need a warrant, and who’s got the time for that?

7 Likes

10 Likes

I am fully aware of the dangers of a knife. You’re right that even basic kitchen knives can penetrate kevlar. Which is why they have a 21 foot rule.

At the same time, the 21 foot rule was for an officer with out a drawn weapon. If one is already aware of the suspect, and has their weapon drawn, they are in little danger even if the guy lunges at them. There was no report of the guy actually attacking someone. No one else was in danger. The police have several other less lethal measures now. And IMHO 14 rounds is 12 too many even if he did pose a threat. Combine that with the audio on the tape, it sounds to me someone lost their head and made it personal.

23 Likes

5 Likes

That’s from anger and frustration.

Thank G-d I don’t actually experience seizures, since it would vastly increase my chances of getting shot.

6 Likes

Somebody was killed, and how are you going to stop that from happening again?

Their job is not “To Kill to Protect”.

18 Likes

Too fucking bad.

It is the very definition of their job to put themselves in harms way to protect others.

17 Likes

Mine have been far less dramatic than this. It’s more like my muscles all clench at once and I fall over.

It probably also increases my chance of getting shot, because it’s easier to hit something that can’t run away.

4 Likes

trolley no can hear you; him got eaten.

How terrible have things gotten that I actually want to make that into a meme that says:

I’m too Black for this shit…

Edited for clarity.

13 Likes

yeah, the saying isn’t

“look a few bad apples, oh its just a few, we should do nothing.”

it is

“a few bad apples spoil the whole barrel”

as in you better get those bad apples out of the barrel quick as fuck or all the apples will be bad…i think we are quickly approaching the latter.

17 Likes

11 Likes

8 Likes

He’s already gone.

4 Likes

Poor show, old chap. UK police have a rather sweet following on YouTube, people enjoying how they seem to take on angry armies with cups of milky tea, wot.

“Why did you shoot him 14 times?”
“I ran out of bullets.”

7 Likes

Ayuh, that’s what I was saying…

2 Likes

All credit to @Melizmatic!

11 Likes