Twins react as they hear Phil Collins' 'In the Air Tonight' for the first time

He could have played Dr Who in that get-up.

9 Likes

damn that Nina Simone one was good. i wish his brother was with him for that one, but i LOVE seeing people have their minds blown by something so perfect. i understand they started out as just reacting to rap videos, but someone challenged them to listen to Sinatra. so their journey started there, and being a Sinatra fan i gotta go find that video…

5 Likes

Nothing makes me feel like an old man out of touch with the youth of today than the popularity of reaction videos.

1 Like

I hear ya, but they can serve a useful purpose; thanks to reaction vids, I have never and will NEVER see “Two Girls One Cup.”

7 Likes

Here’s a thought? Were reaction videos a thing before that? :thinking: Or at the very least, did they popularize the genre for a bigger audience?

5 Likes

I think so (though that one assuaged any curiosity I might have had.)

4 Likes

Me too… :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

Me three. If it isn’t already, FONMO (fear of not missing out) should be a thing.

I’m good shuffling off the mortal coil having not seen many things.

4 Likes

Oh, I never saw the actual vid itself.

Anything that would make a shock jock asshole like Joe Rogan throw up isn’t something that I ever need to see.

4 Likes

Me neither… the reaction vids and write ups were more than enough.

At least some good came of it…

5 Likes

I did laugh pretty hard…

4 Likes

Maybe English is asm’s second language; as I understand it, second-language speakers have a harder time with accents. Or maybe asm just needs a decent pair of cans.

If I recall internet history, goatse came years before.

1 Like

I love that someone sent him a message in real time that said that the Mamas and the Papas looked like the cast of Scooby Doo and he just cracked up.

(And you know what? The Mamas and the Papas DO look like the cast of Scooby Doo.)

3 Likes

Yeah, I learned my lesson with Tub Girl. The internet is full of lies but the “do not watch this video, really” is a pretty good channel marker not to watch stuff.

1 Like

Which is why I asked if they’re American? I fully expect most Americans to be able to parse what is an incredibly common dialect…

I’m talking specifically about reaction videos? Did people make reaction videos to seeing goatse for the first time?

3 Likes

Haven’t seen it; wont be doing so.

Ignorance of horrible shit is bliss…

3 Likes

I don’t know about the rest of the Mamas & Papas, but Cass Elliot was totally on Scooby Doo

8 Likes

I’d forgotten that. Of course, when I saw it, I had no idea who she was.

ETA: Putting “her” in charge of a candy bar factory was just plain rude.

3 Likes