Twitter API dies in the night, cutting off third-party apps

elon-happening

6 Likes

Elon Musk levels of “broke” sure as hell looks more comfortable than my levels of broke.

9 Likes

True. But chances are your levels of broke don’t piss off people who like to use bonesaws

7 Likes

Well, one might make a purchase of something using stocks with vastly inflated values, thus appearing to spend a lot of money, then crash the value of those stocks causing the new owners to frantically sell, then buy (perhaps through intermediaries) at bargain prices - ending up with the same amount of stock, but making the actual cost of the initial purchase only the amount spent to repurchase the (now devalued) stocks. If one were confident of one’s ability to rebuild the stock value afterwards, such a scheme might seem reasonable.

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it” --attributed to Aristotle, but probably falsely

That could be an interesting turn of events if one hadn’t already lost $200 billion - AND crashed the value of the other purchase.

“There’s a sucker born every minute.”
P. T. Barnum

7 Likes

I’m definitely holding on to my popcorn and looking forward to the show! :slight_smile:

Musk has purposely crashed the value of Tesla stocks before; he’s been fined by the SEC for doing it.

1 Like

Musk has accepted Bitcoin at Tesla before. The dude has done tons of stupid shit.

It doesn’t mean it’s part of a stable genius plan.

14 Likes

Gotta agree with you about that!

2 Likes

They’re actively alienating their core users.

Yes, just like Tesla!

5 Likes

Elon Musk, business genius!

9 Likes

Stack velocity

21 Likes

giphy

13 Likes

Update:

5 Likes

Twitterrific:

11 Likes

That was…remarkable. I hope that the people behind twitterific prosper in the federated world, since Elon has come in and shit on their business

8 Likes

Microsoft used to used to smash Windows add-on companies all the time, but at least it was because they’d usually added functionality to Windows, making the add-ons redundant.

I don’t see how this adds anything much to Twitter’s revenue. This is just petty vandalism in whatever fit or chemical tantrum Musk enjoys.

7 Likes

Oh yeah, and Apple does this as well.

But as you say, Elon seems to just be destroying things to destroy them. Not adding functionality. Of course, even before Elon Twitter never really innovated much on anything, depending on the community and third party developers to come up with what are now core features.

As your linked article points out

8 Likes

In the Apple world, it’s called “getting Sherlocked”, and it happens so often there are annual reports about how many developers it happened to.

9 Likes

M$ have managed to fuck the whole world up over the weekend. My day has been horrible.

3 Likes

Musk’s Twitter finally speaks. As expected it’s more BS.

1 Like