Twitter fact-checks Trump tweet for first time

3+ years too late. The horse has left the stable, trampled a kindergarten class and is several states away by now.

2 Likes

Better yet, 2010.

3 Likes

All that is going to do is accelerate Trumps final plan:

• Trump’s own Twitter-like app.

• Trump’s own Fox-like media portal (or just taking over One America News).

I am sure he festers and spumes over the fact that he gets “all these ratings” as POTUS and yet someone else is monetizing it: with his own branded Twitter and Fox clones, he can run ads and derive maximum profit from his work product.

I just wonder if he has the self-discipline to launch and publicize it after – rather than before – he leaves office.

1 Like

Thank God and Twitter!!
As a non US citizien, I consider him being an idiot. No offence to anyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t use twitter. I used it once to automatically post lap times for spectators from a timming system thinking I was all slick and found out they cap the tweets per hour/day and lost interest. I had no idea they curate the tweets people see like FB does. I thought they fed you what the people you followed said in it’s entirety. In that case they are certainly publishers. Thanks for the detail.

And he’ll only reach the same people who love him no matter what he says or does. And the fact that the rest of us won’t pay any attention will drive him crazy.

1 Like

That’s about as informative a comment as Trump’s comment about “very fine people on both sides.” Really doing a disservice to the (often critical) differences in political philosophy and strategy between people on what we call the left vs. what we call the right in this country.

3 Likes

Not quite, since there are in fact partizan hacks on both the left and the right that have no qualms about politisizing anything, including tragedy, to serve their agendas. I, unlike Trump, am not deflecting in defence of either side. I am adding to the conversation, the fact, that this BS is not soley the tactic of the “Right”.

Or attempting to change the subject

7 Likes

Derailment is all some folks know.

9 Likes

“Both sides do it” is in fact a defense of Trump because it creates a false equivalency narrative for behavior that is light-years outside the norm even by the standards of partisan hacks.

9 Likes

In the context of this discussion “the other side does it too” is absolutely a de facto defense of Trump.

It’s no different than when people asked Trump how he could be so supportive of a dictator who had his critics and rivals assassinated and he responded with “what, you think our country’s so innocent?”

9 Likes

By your own admission you are trying to make this about something other than Trump’s constant lies on Twitter. That’s deflection and derailment.

Thank you.

9 Likes

Commenting in bad faith, in other words.

7 Likes

Does Twitter have a team of moderators combing over all tweets for false crap like this or is there a flagging system?

Yes

ElectricHardtofindGavial-small

6 Likes

Yes.

I should add that I have tried flagging tweets and never seen anything come of it. (And I used Coding Horror as an example for the screenshots, not as an indication that his tweets need to be flagged.)

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.