Twitter installs giant metal "X" on roof--without the required permit, say officials

I would have given them the Thwaites treatment myself

6 Likes

Is the Muskrat even paying rent on that building? Why hasn’t he been evicted already?

10 Likes

Short answer? A lot of big companies have been leaving the expensive downtown San Francisco area and the building owners are not sure they can find a new tenant, so they have been keeping their fingers crossed that Musk will eventually pay his debts. Not a bet I’d take, but whatever.

8 Likes

meanwhile, farther south…

5 Likes

I’m sure it’s properly grounded and safely installed. Probably had the software engineers build and install it because they are engineers afterall, right?

8 Likes

So what you’re saying is it’s going to be an XOR operation?

8 Likes

Well then, just XOR twice and you’re right back where you started

4 Likes

Or a Tesla Model Y:

4 Likes

Best use of a trebuchet I’ve ever seen (edit: or would be, with the model Y)

2 Likes

video here

https://www.reddit.com/r/therewasanattempt/comments/15dp0g1/to_get_some_sleep/

2 Likes

nuclear explosion GIF

3 Likes

It’s the only way to be sure

3 Likes

I can’t get over the entitlement on display, along with the ugly, shoddily built logo. Musk presumably feels like he can ignore regulations because it’s “his company” - except it’s not even his building, where he has only sporadically been paying rent, and almost certainly didn’t even get permission from the owner. And Jebus, the strobe light on that sucker - the neighbors really have to invest in pellet guns, slingshots and drones with paint-filled water balloons… “Move fast and break (other people’s) things” really is the techbro motto.

7 Likes

like a certain ex president, some people like to do things just to prove they can. it’s all of those things you mentioned: obnoxious, dangerous, ugly, illegal - it pleases him he can do that.

neither the landlord nor san francisco will stop him. at worst, they’ll fine a billionaire.

it’s just like destroying twitter. why not? it’s there. he can.

7 Likes

I’ve read that it is held down by sandbags.

2 Likes

Seinfeld did it

2 Likes

And it lights up. I am 100% sure there are more and different permits for a sign of that nature. Often times you need to have it directly approved from the city as it goes against the stated rules. And I am 100% sure they didn’t bother with any of that.

2 Likes

So… let me get this straight - he installed a new sign on a building where he hasn’t been paying the rent?

4 Likes

Musk wants to break his longterm lease. His landlord wants Musk to abide by the terms of the contract-- pay market or above market rates for a really long time.

Yes, the landlord could find another renter, but maybe not someone who would commit.

2 Likes