Twitter installs giant metal "X" on roof--without the required permit, say officials

Originally published at: Twitter installs giant metal "X" on roof–without the required permit, say officials | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Oh, and it strobes at night. Violently. I wouldn’t want to be flying into KOAK or KSFO until this gets resolved.

15 Likes

Also relevant.

Because Elon Musk is a cruel and selfish 12 year old, and nobody is around to tell him no.

21 Likes

“Look, the Twat Signal!”

39 Likes

Ugly and crude but not necessarily cheap, because they probably paid an exorbitant sum to get the sign built as quickly as possible while trying to get Musk to accept that he couldn’t get it done in one day.

15 Likes

It is left as a problem for the student to calculate the proper trebuchet sling length to strike the 𝕏 with a 1kg mass from the roof of the nearby apartment building.

26 Likes

27 Likes

I hope the sign company get Musk to pay in advance. Good luck otherwise.

19 Likes

I hope whoever put up the sign shares the financial burden of whatever fines this tacky thing accrues. Any reputable contractor ought to know better than to do unpermitted construction work, and anyone dumb enough to work for Musk deserves what they get.

22 Likes

They’re going to have to take it down, and Elon’s not going to pay them for the sign OR the putting it up OR the taking it down, so… yeah, assume they’ll definitely pay for this.

14 Likes

Oh, of course he did. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

9 Likes

13 Likes

As Elon might put it, “Move fast and dodge things.”

12 Likes

“Hey man I still have that old light up X from the time we did seX camp at Burning Man.”

6 Likes

Elon writes, “Move fast and doge things.”

fanbois go wild. doge coin spikes 20%/

7 Likes

So, like…two cents?

10 Likes

Does the side of the building below still say “er” from the interrupted attempt at removing the Twitter sign?

7 Likes

I don’t think they’ll get their damage deposit back.

7 Likes

From pictures the “@twitter” on that side is now removed, though still legible from where the letters faded the sign, and the ones on the other sides are still up.

8 Likes

My favourite photo of them taking the original signage down was of just three pieces stacked on the floor. tw@.

14 Likes