Elon Musk's obnoxious X sign gets the axe after residents complain (video)

Originally published at: Elon Musk's obnoxious X sign gets the axe after residents complain (video) | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Need an epilepsy warning on the first video.

8 Likes

I wonder how many hundreds of thousands of shareholder $$ Musk just set on fire for nothing more than a few days’ worth of completely horrendous PR…

7 Likes

He is the sole owner.

X Corp. - Wikipedia.

5 Likes

… he’s pwning the libs by pissing his own pants

20 Likes

I hope residents sue him for emotional and physical abuse. But given his record I don’t blame them for not wanting the trouble

2 Likes

He used 7.1billion dollars from 19 investors in purchasing Twitter so I assume they own something in return.

3 Likes

They own $7.1 billion in debt that Musk owes them.

ETA: Musk transferred the debt to Twitter, so X Corp. rather than Musk personally is now holding the bag.

4 Likes

i wonder if he hired Dethklok PR?

“Dethklok then spends 17 million dollars on huge stone slabs with their names being dropped to the bottom of the ocean, in the poles and outer space,.”

1 Like

… how does that even work

It’s like a Mafia insurance scam :confused:

11 Likes

See also: Sears, KMart

8 Likes

The palinopsia will probably last for weeks … ending just in time for the next assault.

2 Likes

I think the lenders agreed to that condition before the deal went through.

Which basically means they just bought themselves a chance to fight for a peck at the corpse after Elon finishes driving the company into bankruptcy.

6 Likes
4 Likes

I know what those are, but to be honest that doesn’t really explain how one can simply assign your debt to the company, and I’ve never entirely understood how that even works either.

6 Likes

You didn’t take on the debt, a company you established for the purpose did, and the company you’ve bought now owns that company.

Or at least that would be one way of doing it.

1 Like
9 Likes

Huh. So of course you can’t give someone a negative amount of money, but you can just give them a company you made up containing negative amounts of money? Ugh.

6 Likes

I’d think that strobing would have been dangerous to everyone who saw it in person, too. I thought it was just an artifact of the previous video I saw, but apparently not…

2 Likes

Now X’s story is that supposedly the sign was a “temporary installation” until a proper sign could be installed. Surrre, Elon. I’m sure you totally meant to have your huge strobing obnoxious testament to your fragile ego put up and taken back down within mere days, and are in no way screaming and wailing like a toddler and trashing your office right now.

8 Likes