Twitter suspends its Covid-19 misleading information policy

Obligatory:

17 Likes

We’ll know we’ve reached the endgame when the nutters being attracted to Twitter say they think Musk is Q.

3 Likes

COVID was a space-borne virus brought back on a SpaceX rocket and cultured in a secret lab at Tesla headquarters.

The truth must come out. Pass it on.

/s just in case, but still… pass it on.

17 Likes

PEOPLE SAY Covid-19 is easily spread via the panel gaps on Tesla cars…
\s

19 Likes

I heard that you can get it by reading Tweets. /hs

Samara GIFs | Tenor

12 Likes

:thinking:

5 Likes

SMDH
“…the world is facing a rapid amplification and circulation of accurate but also false information, the UN Secretary-General and the Director-General of the World Health Organization both declared that we are currently fighting an infodemic in the same way as we are fighting a pandemic
https://www.who.int/news/item/11-12-2020-call-for-action-managing-the-infodemic
(Emphasis added)

8 Likes
14 Likes

nuclear explosion GIF

13 Likes

ow, my filters. (and my nose- the bubbles in that soda tingle!)

@docosc : I agree- Take off and nuke the site from orbit; it’s the only way to be sure.

9 Likes

delete your account and encourage everyone you know (who still has one) to delete theirs!!

I just did! (took me 3 weeks to find the time to change my pwd b/c the password I was logging into the site with was not good enough to kill my account.

8 Likes

To my own surprise, I had actually put that Q nonsense completely out of my mind but now that you mention it, I mean, of course.

4 Likes

7 Likes

They’re still doing something however half assed it might be.

9 Likes

I think that “they” is only Twitter users at this point, though. There are no more employee moderators and context will only be added by the community. And a lot of the community that would care to do this work is leaving for alternatives, so expect this sort of context to get worse and more rare as time goes on. That’s my understanding at least.

6 Likes

Jesus, I thought that tweet had to be fake when it was posted above.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.