Two bear cubs rescued after 'bearjacking' van, locking selves in, honking horn

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/07/bear-cubs-rescued-after-bear.html

Nature’s li’l hackers break into security contractor’s van

8 Likes

Hmmmm. Not good advertising for Jeff.

21 Likes

I love a good Bear story, really puts a smile on my face.

16 Likes

I would imagine most people assume he sells propane

5 Likes

Those free range kids are always gettin into trouble… :wink:

11 Likes

…unless foiled by those pesky child bear safety locks! :laughing:

1 Like

Was one of them named Don Jr. or Eric?

1 Like

Jeff Stokely works with A.S.A.P. Security Systems… He says it was about 20 minutes before it occurred to him that it might be his own van.

The advert just keeps on getting better :smiley:

5 Likes

Or maybe Yogi and Bubu…

2 Likes

The bears when interviewed later:

“That’s what this kind of training is all about. Of course we could’ve gotten ourselves out, but how else is he gonna learn?”

4 Likes

Somebody has to do it.

1 Like

Aww. I think you could cut Jeff some slack here - it was his van, and not his job. And the bears were probably honking the horn at irregular intervals, and not like a car alarm.

However, it does show what a fundamentally rubbish idea a car alarm is. I remember a guy coming out of a flat, fiddling with a car door, setting off the car alarm, then yanking open the hood and silencing it, before waving to us and driving off; while all of us in the bus queue just watched. We all assumed the car was his because he had some out of the apartments behind it, and his body language was spot on. But if he had been an actor, then he could take any car he liked.

2 Likes

Stokey seems to be more interested in filming them than opening the doors and letting them out. I hope those bears sh… all over his van, but alas, they only do that in the woods.

Right, haha, especially because the video makes it look like his is the only vehicle around!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.