Two birds have a chatty conversation

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/09/two-birds-have-a-chatty-conver.html

11 Likes

The olive one is saying: “Well, you look like blue sherbet.”

2 Likes

<3

thanks for posting this. cheered me up on a grumpy grey office day.

13 Likes
2 Likes

it sounds like they are saying “good morning! MMMWAH! (kisses)”

14 Likes

And their real voices, heard in the UK, where theyve established a feral population (speakers down!):

I have a female ringneck (I think they’re not generally so chatty and sweet as the boys can be?). That instinctive alarm call is piercing enough to affect your hearing for a minute or two.

PS: Speaking of introduced species, ugh, that grey squirrel to the left.

5 Likes

Is there a way to stop ads and other “helpful suggestions” from popping up over YT videos these days?

2 Likes

Ok, so i think there’s some thing wrong with my pc as this youtube video was the guy catching the phone on the rolla costa is boing boing broke or is it me?

After marvelling at a few in Kew Gardens the other month, I was informed that the little bastidges have established themselves all the way up to Glasgow, where they blend in perfectly.

3 Likes

They are so absorbed in their interaction that they are totally unaware that they are being stalked by a killer rabbit. Look out!

2 Likes

Run away!

4 Likes

They also established themselves in Connecticut. Evidently there are a few species who can handle a cold winter.

2 Likes

Not sure which gender is responsible, but this reminds me of how loud various birds can be during early morning hours in the spring. It’s like they are having a meeting, and all the birds are speaking at the same time. I can identify at least 5 different calls, and the area is full of finches, cardinals, blue jays, mourning doves, robins, wrens, and grackles.

Maybe they are all expressing anger at the grey squirrel who tries to steal bird seed from neighborhood feeders.:thinking:

3 Likes

Or possibly a conference?

3 Likes

Yeah, the ones in the video sound a lot cuter than the squawking buggers who wake me up every morning in Thamesmead.

Love 'em to bits though. It’s crazy (and awesome) to realise that there are kids growing up in inner-city London who think that parrots flying round and badgering passers-by from the eaves of houses is perfectly natural.

Mind you, where I live is surprisingly rural and full of interesting fauna for inner-city London. It’s really quite the wildfowl sanctuary.
I even saw a pheasant while walking to the station recently.

3 Likes

My experience from living in Canberra for a while (and trying to sleep in) is that Australian parrot species do not start the morning with meetings or conferences, more like “slow-motion multiple-car pile-ups”.

2 Likes

The few times I’ve noticed feral parrots is solely due to the racket they make, whether simply flying overhead or sitting chatting with their SO, or while picking a squabbling fight with another parrot.

Granted in isolation here their voices stand out more, but I still wonder how the heck is it with so many birds of prey around, that they make so much noise for every occasion and seem to get away with it…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.