Two cats fight over a steak while a third cat eats it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/14/two-cats-fight-over-a-steak-wh.html

6 Likes

Makes me think of an XKCD cartoon…

10 Likes

Here’s the full video

12 Likes

Rare as you dare.

6 Likes

There’s definitely a metaphor about late-stage capitalist economics in there.

21 Likes

“Fat cats eating our lunch while the rest of us fight over scraps.”

18 Likes

This is mine @Papasan

6 Likes

3 cats 1 steak is definitely an upgrade over that 1 cup video a few years back.

10 Likes

Little cat for the win!

8 Likes

Looks like this is working out fine. The third cat eating away at the middle will eventually weaken the seam in the meat until the other cats split the remaining portion. Everybody gets some.

10 Likes

That’s not how it turned out. :wink:

8 Likes

And given: Cats cannot taste sweet (a lacking which is deemed rare among mammals) “There is a reason cats prefer meaty wet food to dry kibble, and disdain sugar entirely”. So steak is their Cadbury Royal Dark.

4 Likes

Q: Given this situation and your knowledge of game theory, what should each cat do to get as much meat for itself as possible?

A: Drop the steak, kill the other two cats while they’re distracted by fighting over the steak, and eat them.

Yes I know it’s sick, but it fulfills the criteria of the question :smiley:

Also, now that’s a late stage capitalism scenario for you

6 Likes

Little cat. King Solomon when his bluff got called.

1 Like

3 cats;
1 (last?) piece of meat;
no owner seen; and
someone capturing video “evidence”.

…the plot thickens.

1 Like

You know the best part? Those cats don’t even care for steak!

3 Likes

I guess being vegan never occurred to them.

edited to add - (I know, cats as a species are obligate carnivores. that was the joke.)

2 Likes

A fourth cat has poisoned the meat so that all three of the cats in the picture die. Then the fourth cat eats the other cats, and dies itself from the poison, but it dies smiling since it “won.”

(Okay, after typing that I see it’s pretty grim, so I’m going to the Unicorn Chaser thread. See ya there!)

1 Like

My extended family has had at least fifteen cats over the years. To my knowledge, no one offered them steak. Watching how those three acted was a bit disturbing. Who would want them to get used to that? Cats don’t take dietary changes (or disappointment) very well…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.