Watch: Kitty stands its ground against a bobcat that comes for its food

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/11/01/watch-kitty-stands-its-ground-against-a-bobcat-that-comes-for-its-food.html

7 Likes

Negotiations seem to have broken down, into almost violence.

5 Likes

Bobcat looked like it was trying to decide: “This other animal: friend, or food?”

7 Likes

“Oh, sorry, this was your food? Have a nice day then”.

6 Likes

I think that is more of a bobkit than bobcat, otherwise the outcome might not have been so presentable. Once along a forest path an adult walked to within reach of me and we gave each other a close look. I believe our thoughts were congruent “This will turn out badly for both of us” as the cat continued past me.

11 Likes

There’s been a fox showing up on my street for several weeks now, with reports that it’s been chased by a bengal cat, and confused by another cat that loves dogs, and wants to make friends.

7 Likes

That bobcat was not hungry, otherwise something in that video was going to get eaten

6 Likes

“Bob” sniffed the bowl and said “You guy’s actually eat this stuff? Thanks, I’ll get some free range kibble.”

12 Likes

So its like a Pepe LePew situation with mistaken species identity affection without the bad odor.

1 Like

Well, I do have my own Pepe LePew situation with a skunk that I believe has burrowed under the back addition of my house. The plus is that it’s likely taken over the rat burrow, and skunks will eat rat babies, and it will like deter raccoons from going under there as well. So I’m actually okay with Monsieur LePew.

9 Likes

I see two kitties in that video.

Also, still not comfortable with the ringaganda

3 Likes

I hope the cops like this footage. I’m kinda tempted to get a ring and point it somewhere useless.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.