A magnificent bobcat stares down a couple through their window

Originally published at: A magnificent bobcat stares down a couple through their window | Boing Boing

15 Likes

just being curious & cautious around her kit.

19 Likes

Pardon me, do you have any Greenies?

18 Likes

Wow. Look at those pupils getting battle-ready.

19 Likes

Favorite moment: when she gently bonks on the glass. But yeah; she’s assessing and it’s very cool. There’s a threat in her posture and it’s a good thing that’s glass and not a screen.

24 Likes

She was sniffing as well. Had it been a screen she would have smelled human and probably been out of there faster than the camera could follow.

10 Likes

That was indeed delightful.

12 Likes

What a delightful creature! Those ears! Those eyes!

19 Likes

Bobcats boldly follow the food… even in well populated areas like Santa Clarita Valley (where I reside). A few months ago a family of bobcats made the local news here when one was spotted less than two miles north of our place. A few weeks later we spotted (perhaps) the same family as it sauntered across the woodsy winding road we drive down nearly all the time. That same road sees coyotes and — until recently — lots and lots of rabbits. The rabbits have disappeared! (Cut to bobcat picking its teeth.)

15 Likes

The mama bobcat looks like she could use a sandwich, or a couple of rabbits.

4 Likes

Two words: laser pointer.

19 Likes

thankfully it wasnt one of these on your roof…

8 Likes

Yay, Kittie’s in landscape!!!

And fully deserves some scritches for it.

5 Likes

Plus MANY; I see that posture when my furkids are play fighting, which sometimes isn’t play at all… :frowning:

4 Likes

Did anyone else instinctually do a slow blink at her?

15 Likes

What a beautiful creature. :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

15 Likes

I admit, I did; just like I do with my own, much smaller murderbeast.

15 Likes

that was amazing

3 Likes

While she was looking through the window, I kept thinking of this:

9 Likes

The mating call is particularly grating.

1 Like