Two cats freak out when their human pal wears a cat mask (video)

Originally published at: Two cats freak out when their human pal wears a cat mask (video) | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Haha, congratulations. You terrorized your pets for clicks.

16 Likes

Is It a trend?

5 Likes

I have that mask. I also have 7 cats. The first time I put the mask on to show my wife, the cats reacted like I was the real Jason Purrhees and they were at Cat Crystal Lake. The mask has been in the closet ever since. I’ve never seen the cats that scared before or since.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m thinking cats with human masks wouldn’t sit too well with me, either. :grimacing: ETA: Let’s hope folks who enjoy putting Halloween costumes on their pets never do that!

4 Likes

Nylah it's me

Nylah

Found these on tumblr in '19.

3 Likes

2 Likes

My partner put on a headband with furry wolf-ears on it and both cats stopped and stared at her. They didn’t run away, but they were clearly unnerved.

The effect lasted about a day. After that, their attitude was “Yeah, more stupid human shit again.” They took slightly longer to become blasé about the Roomba, but once they’d figured out that it wasn’t going to eat them and – most importantly, that it moved at a constant speed – they stopped worrying. For creatures with brains the size of a walnut, they’re pretty good at figuring out if something is actually a threat or not.

9 Likes

And dogs???

8 Likes

I recall an old video of a cat having a proper vocal freak-out because the owner put a book on the top of her head. Alas, my searches are futile.

1 Like

In my teens, I accidentally surprised my cat by wearing a clown wig. I guess to him, I had my fur on end and looked damn aggressive. He shot out of the room at top speed, poor guy.

4 Likes

classichorrorblog:Invasion Of The Body SnatchersDirected by Philip Kaufman (1978) - Tumblr Pics

10 Likes

Yes, I concur with the feline Siskel and Ebert. Sleepwalkers was a terrible movie.

2 Likes

Worst remake of Cat People ever.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.