Two Delta planes collided while taxiing, knocking off the smaller one's tail (video)

Originally published at: Two Delta planes collided while taxiing, knocking off the smaller one's tail (video) - Boing Boing

9 Likes

I suppose this will lead to any number of outcomes and calls for action that don’t involve building a high speed rail network throughout the US so that airports aren’t so overwhelmed.

We’ll just build another terminal and runway at ATL or something.

6 Likes
7 Likes

Pardonnez-moi…

3 Likes

Hey, neither one was Boeing :slight_smile: !

8 Likes

Even noting that draws attention to Boeing! :rofl:

5 Likes

It’s pretty ridiculous that airplane manufacturers have been able to get away with not installing bumpers for this long.

11 Likes

This is all part of a commitment to aviation safety.

You have to let airplanes fight for dominance so that only the fittest airliners in the fleet reproduce.

This is also why we tolerate relatively high mortality rates among aircraft in the larval “GA” stage; to ensure that only the hardiest specimens mature to the commercial air transport stage of their lifecycle.

13 Likes

Understatement of the month :grin:
Rudder, vertical and horizontal stabilizers, not much left on the poor CRJ900, judging from the video.

3 Likes

So, the front back fell off?

3 Likes

Has it been removed from the environment?

2 Likes

I think that “Boeing” has become a generic term for expensively bad engineering caused by corporate greed. :+1:

Very soon after Boeing acquired our company and we began to work with their Seattle people, I was sucked in as a de facto phone-rabbi for one of their engineers. Our work-related calls were often sprinkled with his rumblings over the treatment of the engineers there, seemingly having to do with their white-collar union and management. Perhaps connected in some way to your post?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.