Two ex-cops offering a $5,000 reward if you find a dead body in Lake Mead

Originally published at: Two ex-cops offering a $5,000 reward if you find a dead body in Lake Mead | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Opening barrels with corpses in them? What’s the worst that could happen?

19 Likes

This is a great chance for morticians to make an extra 5000k per client!

12 Likes

I hope they included a provision stating the offer is void if you’re the one who put the body there in the first place.

29 Likes

maybe they want a heads up to cover up their own evidence.

11 Likes

Yea, that’s an expensive self own.

4 Likes

So… if, say, you kill someone and toss their body in the reservoir and then turn it in later… you get 5k? Asking for a friend.

10 Likes

Any divers here? What’s the net reward after paying for filling their tanks and whatnot?

9 Likes

I was thinking earlier that the lake being so low would make it a good time to dredge and get out some of the shit that pollutes the waters. I just realized the local govt def doesn’t want to do that bc of all the dead bodies they would find and then have to in investigate, autopsy, and bury/cremate

5 Likes

I think many divers would enjoy it simply for the challenge. For me, however, “looking for dead bodies underwater” ranks near the bottom on my list of things I’d like to try.

11 Likes

Finally, a scavenger hunt that lives up to the name.

6 Likes

That’s in Lake Mead and not in the concrete of the dam - right?

5 Likes

I’m picturing the scene in Jaws after a reward is offered to anyone who can catch the shark.

3 Likes

Just above, “looking for dead bodies underwater in a cave”? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

5 Likes

And hauling the crap to the waters edge, it’s a hike nowadays from the road.

6 Likes

This is the main water supply for a hell of a lot of people, right? And doubles as an open air body disposal site? Oh my everloving god…

gross GIF

14 Likes

it has a depth of 162 meters so a good part of the lake is out of the question I would imagine.
it would be far more efficient to use rovs.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Is there a drop-off point?

I can imagine some scavenger with a shopping cart full of empties…

5 Likes

Oh.

Well they could have said so sooner.

5 Likes