Two men arrested for selling magical mermaid's eyeball

Originally published at: Two men arrested for selling magical mermaid's eyeball | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Could be worse

10 Likes

its “supernatural powers,”

What were these powers? They have something to do with sex, don’t they?

10 Likes

Does it come with a spoon to facilitate implanting it in to the buyer’s eye socket?

9 Likes

ey! how has the gender of the mer-person from which this item was taken been established? Admit it! “magical merman’s eyeball” wouldn’t attract as much in NFTs.

by the bye, somehow i get a gap in the original post, yet lacking in the image of the “eye” itself, so as a public service, here is the “eyeball” (‘convincing’ isn’t it?)

(“at least turn your cell-phone horizontal when photographing magical eyeballs, sheesh”)

7 Likes

Luckily I already spent my hard earned money on these magic beans.

12 Likes

Oh! I thought they meant one of these:
art lol GIF by leanne rule

10 Likes

Yes, and a rusty one at that.

6 Likes

For $242K, it should at least be a spork.

5 Likes

Everybody knows that this was a scam. The nature of mermaid’s eyes is such that they almost immediately draw the attention of wererats, who consume them to gain resistance to silver. There’s really no feasible way to prevent this so all commercial mermaid eyes are typically just boring old griffon bezoars.

16 Likes

If someone tried to sell me something with magical powers my first question is why would you sell it?

Couldn’t they use the magical powers to make themselves rich beyond their wildest dreams?

6 Likes

Cursed counts as magical…

4 Likes

That’s where you come in!

@sqlrob - Split the difference and go grapefruit spoon?

5 Likes

Well, duh, obviously it was fake - everyone knows that real mermaid eyeballs cost a lot more than that.

3 Likes

For that price, you should get both eyes.

3 Likes

And that is my bingo card completed!

And it’s only February. Gonna twiddle my thumbs for the rest of the year.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.