Two suspects arrested after $5 million gold toilet stolen from Britain's Blenheim Palace

Sounds like a job for the Penetration Testers. /s

Mr Hare told BBC 5 live it was the “first theft of this type in living memory” from the stately home - the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill - adding it had “a sophisticated security system”.

“But what has happened has happened,” he said.

“So clearly we need to challenge ourselves on that.”

I find a solid gold toilet art installation difficult to nail down (something which, I’m sure, generally meets artists’ expressed desire to inspire discussion). The only thing that I can draw from such a toilet is possibly some comment on conspicuous consumption (?), or perhaps some critique of the ‘one-percenters’. Maybe. If I sat on one of these toilets, perhaps some truth would be revealed to me. I’d have an epiphany, like Martin Luther.

3 Likes

The truth that some people will put a value on anything if they think it is exclusive.

Apparently Piero Manzoni’s studio labourer claimed the contents were plaster not merda

Nobody’s asked the important question. Did the thieves put the TP with the paper over or under?

Yeah, for a couple of years. I don’t prefer an outhouse, especially not in February, but it’s doable.

So, they found the number 1 and number 2 suspects? :thinking:

I suppose they were easy to find because they were flush with cash.

(Edit: Doh, number two already taken in the OP…)

1 Like

Judging from their incompetency, I’d say under. :smirk:

2 Likes

“We will be relieved when it is found”, said their spokesman as he danced an awkward jig.

2 Likes

Plus, dispite the gold it isn’t fancy in any other way. It’s a simple, modern public washroom style model. I think there’s a certain old-world, old-money comment there about an abundance of wealth, with the lack of the history and tradition that some people believe is supposed to accompany it.

For all we know Trump brought his own golden toilet to the White House already. Doesn’t he have one in the Trump Tower in New York?

1 Like

He has gold everything in Trump Tower. Though it’s all gold plated or gold colored, rather than actual gold.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.