U.S. $600 stimulus payments may begin arriving as early as Tuesday night by direct deposit, Mnuchin says

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/29/u-s-600-stimulus-payments-may-begin-arriving-as-early-as-tuesday-night-by-direct-deposit-mnuchin-says.html

3 Likes

Did they figure out how to put Trump’s name on an e-transfer?

11 Likes

Don’t they have some ability to set what your bank statement says it’s from?

1 Like

Direct Deposit from: DONALD TRUMP WANTED TO GIVE YOU $2000 BUT THE NEVER TRUMPERS REFUSED! SAD! VOTER FRAUD! ENJOY MY GOLF COURSES AND WATCH ME ON THE PRESIDENTIAL APPRENTICE! VOTE TRUMP IN 2024! HYDROXYCHLOROCOVFEFE!!

11 Likes

Bet they miraculously show up in Georgia first…

6 Likes

Depends on the zip code.

6 Likes

In the nick of time for some folks, as many people on direct deposit paychecks who normally get their payment a couple of days early in the cycle will be delayed until Friday if their “official” payday falls upon the January 1st year-change.

4 Likes

I know if my payday falls on a holiday (like Thanksgiving every year) I get direct deposited on Wednesday, so…

(And Social Security benefits get deposited on the last non-holiday weekday on or before the day they’re supposed to be deposited, so, like, the normal December 3 direct deposit for a lot of people on disability will hit on December 31)

2 Likes

I’ve often been paid the night before also, but I had a state-level job where I’d get paid two days in advance. From my credit union’s bulletin, it appears that day-before payments will be delayed a few hours until Jan. 1st begins.

ETA: Disability sounds like state-level, so maybe early to avoid the year change issue?

4 Likes

Too little too late, but at this point the money is sorely needed by many so let it flow. Meanwhile, the establishment Dems have been snookered once again by the Party of Demonstrable Bad Faith.

5 Likes

i’m not aware of any state-level disability programs that’d work via direct deposit in most of the US (or, at least would work via direct deposit to the individual with a disability), I was referring to SSI and SSDI which are both through the Social Security Administration, which is federal

ETA: In this case, the 3rd is Sunday, the 2nd is Saturday, and the 1st is a holiday.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.