U.S. appeals court rejects Trump's attempt to escape 'emoluments' lawsuit over D.C. Trump Hotel

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/14/u-s-appeals-court-rejects-tru.html

8 Likes

Why do Republicans hate the Constitution?

21 Likes

No… they love it… see:

It’s Obummer who hates the constitution!!!

See! QED! /s

15 Likes

In the top image, is tRump doing what those misplaced Gadsden flags say not to do?
“No Steppa Mah Snek”.
He is, in fact, treading on me!

16 Likes

In this case, I guess the snake is supposed to represent Obama as well as snake of Eden? Because before Obama, everything was pure and innocent? :woman_shrugging:

McNaughton’s paintings are like Thomas Kinkaide got political and got beat with a stupid analogy stick…

21 Likes

“They sued us in the 9th circuit and they won, so we went to the appellate division, and then we lost the appeal, and then we end up in the Supreme Court and we can finally get a fair shake”.

7 Likes

Wait, these are serious? From an actual Trump supporter? The guy holding the constitution in one hand and a wad of cash in the other isn’t a joke?
Holy shit, the right wing is so beyond parody it has passed absurdity

23 Likes

As far as I know, yes, totally serious.

12 Likes

25 Likes

Pssst… they mean the black ones… /s

23 Likes

I’ve gotten so cynical about this bumblefuck that I think it’s no different than the police serving a warrant on a white guy - nothing’s going to happen.

4 Likes

I assumed it meant Trump is really thirty snakes in a man suit, and one of them fell out.

16 Likes

One step forward… three sidesteps, a backflip, followed by a pirouette.

6 Likes

trump is not nearly fat enough

3 Likes

It is propaganda. It’s not meant to reflect reality…

9 Likes

I legitimately cannot tell which of these paintings are intentional parodies anymore. Even when an artist comes along who seems to be creating them with satire in mind it seems they get bought up and displayed by neoconservatives who appreciate them wholeheartedly and unironically.

That said, I freaking love everything about this idiotic painting of Ronald Reagan.

9 Likes

Do an image search for this guy (“McNaughton’s paintings” does the job); he’s been doing nutty right-wing “Christian”/“patriotic” paintings long before Trump came along, but boy howdy does this guy love Trump.

11 Likes

… and his necktie is way too short.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Sounds like an interesting Silly Walk!