U.S. guided missile maker goes dark on social media after Gaza photo gets circulated

Feels a little more personal when the logo of your company is on spent munitions. Ouch.

1 Like

They’re proud of their product! Or is it just sloppy? It makes me think of shoddy workmanship, like where builder/assembler is “supposed to” remove tags and shipping labels and so forth but the builder/assembler is like “Who cares? Nobody is gonna see it.” Do bullets have logos on them? It’s been so long seen I’ve seen a bullet I can’t remember. I’m guessing they do. To me, the presence of the sticker seems odd what with the logo and the UPC codes and whatnot. Wouldn’t anonymity be more in line with “military intelligence”? It’s like leaving a price tag on a gift. Do arms manufacturers really want to make it known where they buy the components used to assemble their deathgifts? It opens up a can of brainworms for me. Where does the blame game end? If we give ourselves permission to shame Woodward for making bomb doodads because it means they are “part of the problem”, where does it end? What about the companies providing the paper and adhesive and ink used to make the sticker with the Woodward logo on it? What about the delivery service that brought the raw materials to the paper, adhesive, and ink produces? My mind reels.

Natalie Portman, a dual Israeli citizen, got accused of being an antisemite for similar

2 Likes

As one gets older, there are choices to be made in your career, in particular, where you decide to work.
No big company is faultless. However, one line I drew early on - no working for people who make killing machines. There will be a lot of instances where you may have to hold your nose and carry on no matter what you do. But fuck that.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.