Uber driver snaps after taking crap from spoiled brat

The route they wanted to go would have taken ten minutes longer by CTA Red Line than by Uber. They really shouldn’t have wasted their breath. I’ve had Uber cancel on me for stupid reasons as well, nothing to get worked up about.

I think everyone involved acted like assholes. Before watching the video, I expected the girls to be way over the top entitled, but no, just regular assholes. I’ve dealt with way worse. I also expected the driver to drop major truth bombs on them, but no, just regular sexist insults. Boring, and nobody looks good coming out of this.

15 Likes

Holy shit, did the other thread bleed into this thread, too?

27 Likes

I used to live on Sheridan near Argyle, a few blocks south of the Bob Newhart apartment building, just before “meh” turns into “not bad”.

Chicago was too expensive and business-corrupt for my taste, but one of my favorite things about it was being able to go practically anywhere in the city at any hour I pleased (with a little forethought in the wee hours) using public transportation.

4 Likes

There doesn’t appear
To be anyone here
For whom to cheer.

20 Likes

Mod note: Wasting a dragon’s time is far worse.

12 Likes

This is what uber has came to. With ubers shitty pay it’s easy to loose patience with stupid people. I personally decline 97% of uberpools and when I do hoping to cancel on them for a cancellation fee, they all can suck ass with their greedy ass. People forgot the times when they had to pay $100 to go 6 miles away in a cab. Now uberpool 3 dollars for 6 miles besides that you have to deduct taxes, gas, miles and maintance for the car (oil change and what not). What could’ve once been a great company is all fucked now thanks to his greedy CEO that has no idea what is like driving for uber. I hope they get regulated soon, I even hope they go bankrupt at one point and better companies that are more dedicated to their driver take over. Fuck uber.

both parties seemed like real gems in this exchange, but i lean towards the driver, only because she was intentionally instigating this conflict. doesn’t excuse his reactions though.

i think that woman made a really poor and dangerous personal choice staying in the car after the situtation went to shit. She doesn’t know this guy from jack, and he almost goes home with her in the car. Better be safe than “right” lady. Could have just been me, but the situtation felt really sketchy. She should have just called a cab or another ride and gotten herself out of the vehicle as quickly as possible for her own personal safety.

6 Likes

Yea, I was thinking that that guy needs a new gig. Putting up with folks like that is a large part of any service-sector job. This guy does not seem to have the disposition needed.

(Not saying that I do. A brief stint in retail in college convinced me otherwise.)

6 Likes

To be fair, the driver never claimed to be a feminist.

4 Likes

Having kicked assholes out for being jerks myself, I salute this guy. We are not paid to put up with your bad attitudes, nor to deal with illegal bullshit like stopping and waiting on a corner that is already two deep. I had something almost exactly like this two weeks ago, a frat bar that constantly has inebriated assholes fighting caused the police to block the road. Called the passengers to tell them they needed to come up HALF A BLOCK just past the police roadblock and I got attitude instantly telling me that I need to pick them up in front of the bar. I asked how they thought I was going to do this given the fact that no traffic was getting in…

Uber has a strict time limit you have to wait before getting a cancellation fee…if you move even 10 feet, it will consider you to have abandoned the pax…so I waited and the passenger decided to walk 10 feet to my car and get in. Berated me the minute they got in, so I told the ladies to fuck off and leave. Didn’t make anything on it because I was now forced to cancel before this time.

You know what? You become an asshole, you lose ANY privilege of complaining about what the mean person that called you a foul name called you. If you want to deal with this, call a taxi…they will have you arrested for theft of services if you don’t get out. Rideshare? The best you got is to tell someone to fuck off.

That said, a few minutes later another lady calls from the exact same location…I called told her the same thing…she said OKAY I’LL MEET YOU ON THE CORNER and then proceeded to tell me that her roommate just got kicked out of an Uber right there and was texting her. Told her it was me, she laughed and said I seemed very friendly and I took her home. And comped her ride because sometimes it’s nice dealing with someone that treated us as if we were human.

I don’t think there is a single rideshare driver out there that hasn’t had to deal with this. The money isn’t worth being treated like shit.

Edit: fixed mobile typos. Some of them. Probably more.

8 Likes

At the tail end of the second video the driver pulls up a block or so, stops and briefly figits with his dash cam. After that he takes a sip of a beverage and then…Is that him taking a hit off something? A vape pen, maybe? :joy: I don’t blame him, but nobody else mentioned this in the comments. Anyone else see this?

I saw it, but it seems irrelevant, nothing worthy of comment.

1 Like

Part of me wants to do the whole Uber driver thing just to experience it from the other side.

1 Like

I’m only commenting on it in as much to validate that I really saw it. Like I said, I can’t blame him…unless he is driving around under the influence.

Don’t people do nicotine that way too?

Not in one long drag like that.

1 Like

The video has been made private.

I had already determined that I didn’t need to start my day with Uber aggro, but after reading the comments I was pretty intrigued.

There seems to be broad consensus here that while this dude called this woman a “bitch” and a “c***”, in this case it was justified so, like, right on.

I guess I won’t be able to make a determination for myself, but those riders must have been pretty damn obnoxious if that guy is getting cheered around here for using that kind of invective.

Edit: Actually I didn’t read far enough through the thread. The casual misogyny seems to have been adequately addressed, everything just got derailed earlier. Carry on!

1 Like

No, ultimately I think their model is you are supposed to pay THEM for the opportunity to eat shit.

3 Likes

it’s not what you did, it’s that you won’t let it go, that makes you in the wrong on that point.

Man, let it go!

3 Likes

Its not a robot manning the checkout or driving that car its another human being. If you can’t be civil and courteous then don’t act surprised if you are refused service.
Naturally this goes the other way as well so don’t act surprised if someone complains to the manager about your attitude.
Everyone from the working middle class down is overworked, underpaid and under appreciated, there is enough shit around without you helping to spread it.

3 Likes