Uber driver snaps after taking crap from spoiled brat

Re: “ugly”

Please.

Yeah, Trump and everyone in his administration are ugly inside and out. Ugly to the bone and to the soul.

2 Likes

I see some difference between calling a stranger a c-word, and calling a drunk stranger who refuses to get out of your car and is behaving like a child a c-word.

The former is mean, the lattter is part of a campaign of escalation to get the attention of an entitled and aggressive asshole.

The latter is more forgivable, but only in the context of the frankly awful behavior. It’s not used in a context of a close relationship, and it isn’t someone throwing it out there cold, for effect. It’s directed at someone who, frankly, has it coming. Had she been a dude, I suspect blows would have been exchanged. That word is a verbal punch, and she started it. He’s at work. Ain’t nobody got time for that.

I’d have driven her to the police station and asked them to remove her.

1 Like

Well, like I said I’m not able to view the video, so I don’t know exactly how bad the behaviour was. I can only imagine it must have been really bad.

Unfortunately the associated description in the post doesn’t give much detail, except to note that she had a “bitchy valley girl” accent.

I gather she committed greater evils than talking annoyingly.

2 Likes

not evils, that sounds very overstated. I think any four letter word would have done, but that one is rather the nuclear option.

2 Likes

I guess I have a kind of “Schrodinger’s opinion” on the matter. It currently exists in two simultaneous states, ready to collapse into reality once the video is observed…

2 Likes

Uber needs an ‘Have been drinking’ checkbox for passengers.

This is how I would drive for Uber. You can hose it out at the end of a shift.

3 Likes

Also, to be frank, if someone tells you to get out of their home or their car or their hotel room or whatever personal space it is that you happen to be occupying, you fucking leave. I don’t really care of what the circumstances are.

8 Likes

Hopefully an edge case, but what about:

“I’m going to rape and torture this unconscious person to death. GET OUT! Because I can’t do it while you’re holding that gun on me.”

1 Like

A well known side effect of ethanol intoxication, I fear.

1 Like

You mean he’s moonlighting as chairman of Goldman Sachs?

And, of course the video’s now gone.
This is why I hate stories that depend on a youtube link.

And now for something completely different: A man with a gas problem.

1 Like

You didn’t miss much. Everyone all around was acting like assholes.

1 Like

well, that escalated quickly

only one was in his own car, though, and trying to leave.

2 Likes

I try to be the model passenger. I only open the app as I’m within 30 seconds of being ready to be picked up. Get in and belted down quickly, confirm the address, put my headphones on and zone out. If I’m going somewhere that is a little tricky to get to, I’ll provide driving instructions.

Ways to end up on my “Less than 5 stars” list:

1. Call multiple times to get directions to the pick up spot. GPS locaitons are already pretty accurate
  2. Not engage the driving instructions given to you by the app and require me to give directions all the way to the destination. Sometimes I don’t exactly know the directions to the location.
  3. Trying to engage with me after I’ve given several “Not interested, just wanting some quiet time” indications.
3 Likes

After asking them to exit the vehicle and being refused he should have called 911.
Not driving for Uber I’ve had a drunk woman pop my door open belt herself in and demand a ride home before and (pre cellphone) had to exit my vehicle and ask a homeowner to call the police to make her leave.

Wow…
Entitled much?

What makes you say that?

1 Like