Uber driver snaps after taking crap from spoiled brat

If you want a a taxi experience call a taxi.
If you feel the need to give
"Five rules for being my Uber driver" your​likely going to be a bad fare anyhow

3 Likes

If Uber is bent on replacing taxis, why not expect a taxi experience? Or for that matter, an even better one?

2 Likes

I have certain standards I do to help the Uber/Lyft driver be efficent. In turn I’d like the driver to try and follow so that we both get what we want (a good trip that is relatievely speedy)

1 Like

Driving in circles around the pickup location not knowing where it is, even when it’s a fairly major landmark.

Add passing judgment about the pickup or drop-off location to the list.

This. I usually don’t know exactly. Sometimes I’m lucky to know roughly how to get there, but if I’m traveling in a strange city (which is usually the case) I seriously don’t know the roads at all.

Even worse is when they ask "is this where such and such used to be? " I don’t know what’s there now let alone what used to be there.

I don’t mind this. What I do mind is discussing things I don’t want to talk about, such as crazy Republican conspiracy theories.

He did.

3 Likes

You’d be surprised how many times they are not. It is more rare for them to be accurate. This is a problem with the platform, not the driver. You are rating the driver, not the platform. I ALWAYS call because I never can find people where they say they are (unless it SPECIFICALLY states a location…not an address or a random pin).

Again, GPS. And sometimes the passenger knows a quicker route. Or knows a route they feel more comfortable with. I use WAZE…it gives the quickest way, not the shortest. Do you want to get home quickly? In my town this is circumventing the entire town and taking another 10 to 15 miles, which is actually 20 minutes quicker than the shortest path. One will cost far more than the other. Especially during a surge. Miles cost more than minutes. So we ask.

Get a taxi. Not a RIDESHARE. We are not taxis. We are sharing a ride. It is why you pay as little as you do. Not sure why entitled jerks can’t figure this out.

And if it is surging to the point you are paying as much (or more) than a taxi…well, good luck finding a taxi in the next 2 hours as there aren’t enough on the street.

1 Like

Because taxis come with a different fee structure. And more uniformity. And for more regulation. Which goes back to the fee structure.

You are MORE THAN WELCOME to call a taxi. I’d encourage it. We are not replacing taxis…we are providing an alternative to one. One that comes with different expectations.

1 Like

I imagine a lot of fired taxi drivers would beg to differ?

3 Likes

You mean your customers?

2 Likes

…while working like a doG.

Very few taxi drivers have been fired or laid off. What has happened is that the large companies that control medallions had to cut prices to something that is far more appropriate for the market, and within the range of individual citizens as opposed to only available to a small monopoly.

In a sense, these companies have democratized an industry and put it back in the hands of the drivers. Almost every full-time taxi driver I have met is ALSO driving for one of the rideshare services because this is THEIR money, and not their agencies money. Most say on the forums how one kinda gives them a guaranteed rate that is far far lower than the fares they are bringing in, while the other brings in the possibility of far more cash, at far more risk.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t care for some of the services. I have transitioned to Lyft from Uber as I can’t stand the politics…however, no system is perfect.

My customers? Oh no. Not my customers. I won’t pick up anyone that acts like an asshole. They can be Uber / Lyft’s customer…but they will never be mine. As an independent contractor, I don’t work for Uber or Lyft…and both make this abundantly clear in both word and lawsuit.

So no, not my customer. I make far more than enough in my day job that I will never grovel for some entitled fuckwad just so I can buy my toys. I enjoy 99% of this hobby. The little I don’t enjoy, I pull over by the side of the road and ask them to leave.

I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with kicking people out in the video but earlier in the thread you called somebody who may not be feeling chatty an entitled jerk.

Don’t feel like talking about my son’s football team because you have a migraine? GTFO of my car.

2 Likes

I guess people can talk themselves into believing nearly anything.

1 Like

This was entirely based around barcode_hasteur’s list of reasons to give someone less that 5 stars, of which was entirely catty. I’m not going to kick someone out because they don’t want to talk to me, but if you don’t want to talk and you are in a RIDESHARE, you come out and say “I’m sorry, I’ve had a rough day do you mind if I just close my eyes and relax”.

The biggest difference between a rideshare and a taxi is that we are here to be human. Not a servant. We are helping someone else at a discount. So you talk to them like PEOPLE. You don’t expect them to take cues as if they were your personal chauffeur. You ASK and most of us will respond to it in the way you want. However, if you come at us as if you are our employer that will punish us, seriously…fuck you.

Again, entirely based around how barcode_hasteur gives less than 5 stars. In this industry anything less that 5 stars is a negative rating. I got a 1-star rating the other day as someone decided that I should load all their groceries, make 3 stops, at one of the stops leaves her daughter in the car who tells me my car is junky and MY MOTHER DOESN’T TIP WHITE GUYS (this isn’t a racial thing, its a rude little asshole thing)…babysat the kid for 15 minutes that I earned $0.15 a minute minus the 20% that was taken by the service and then when I get to her house…her husband says GROCERIES GO IN THE KITCHEN.

I said YES THEY DO BUT I’M LEAVING IN ONE MINUTE SO YOU BETTER GET THEM OUT.

One star rating for this. I earned less than $6 for this trip that lasted over a half hour.

This is the shit we put up with. We aren’t fucking servants. And your microaggressions are going to be treated with the same respect as any other disrespect. barcode_hasteur has already proven they care more about treating us like their service. Please find a taxi and get off these services.

1 Like

Yup. Devastated. And now the drivers have more control. I know quite a few independent drivers making far more than what the taxi services are paying…which is why they are moving to ridesharing companies. You haven’t refuted anything I said, you are just adding more data to my argument.

1 Like

Spare me. Uber and Lyft are taxi services in all but name, despite weaselly* claims of “ride-sharing” to the contrary.

Here’s a basic rule-of-thumb: if money changes hands, it’s not sharing. It’s commerce.

If I bring a plate of cookies to work and say “Hey, everyone, I brought in some cookies to share with the office” and then I stand next to the plate and insist that anyone who wants a cookie must pay me a dollar, my coworkers will be rightly confused (and justifiably annoyed).

* I’m not saying you’re a weasel, but the marketing and legal folks who come up with this stuff most certainly are**.

** I’m not saying those people are literal weasels, but rather that they use weasel words to disguise their true intent (or that of their employers).

6 Likes

You make weasels sound pretty bad; nevertheless, regarding the rest of your comment:

5 Likes

Where did I say it wasn’t commerce? I said it wasn’t a taxi. It is something far less than a taxi, and more than just taking your buddy to the airport.

It’s like the old lady down the street that makes tamales…we know she doesn’t run a “real” restaurant, but we buy her tamales anyways. I might actually get sick from these and I know I wouldn’t have recourse. She gets all the money, she is happy, and the food is tasty. Would you shut her down? Seriously? Are you going to rat out Abuela??? You monster!!! Its funny how BB is all for less govt regulation between people making a side hustle…so long as it’s something they care about disrupting. Personally…I could give a rats ass about disrupting taxis.

1 Like

Seriously, how is it not a taxi service? “Rideshare” implies the driver was going to the same or nearby location on their own and found somebody to defray costs. That isn’t the case. I need to get from point A to point B and I’m paying somebody to take me there. Whether the driver gets paid more or less is irrelevant.

8 Likes