Uber secretly identified and tagged iPhones even after its app had been deleted and the devices erased

Red shoes with pink socks? Is he in middle school?

No surprise here whatsoever. This guy is deceptive, sneaky, and manipulative.
Full disclosure i’m a former Uber driver. If you look at the high turnover for Uber
drivers, who usually lonly last a month or two, the reason they leave is not just poor
pay (which is falsely advertised online and on TV) BUT, the way the treat the drivers
overall. This story fits well into the MO of UBer and its CEO.

2 Likes

But Apple holds all the cards. Certainly, Cook/Apple (Cook is not so much the big dog as Apple itself) are not going to shut off a revenue stream on a whim, but TK’s actions are clearly forcing them to devote more resources on managing that revenue stream- the meeting alone came at a cost to Cook’s time, plus the cost of not spending that time doing something else more productive. Those are some of the most expensive minutes on the planet, and this is before considering what other measures Apple might take to ensure compliance on Uber’s end.

Now, we both agree that TK is not possessed of the type of character to give him pause to reconsider his behavior, so it’s quite probable that he’ll find himself in this position again. The question then becomes, how much are the alphas willing to spend on this knucklehead in order to take his money?

So TK is certainly free to take this as a victory (and I’m fairly sure he did,) but he’s skating on thin ice. If he continues to ignore the warning signs…

Well put it this way- Uber needs Apple, not the other way around. He may think he’s won this round, but it’s a war he simply can’t win.

2 Likes

I’m ready for an ethically sound Uber alternative that pays a living wage.

1 Like

Buried in this New York Times article is a story about Unroll.me, a service purportedly designed to rescue your email inbox from unwanted newsletters and promotional messages with an easy, automated unsubscribe service.

Unroll.me been selling your data to advertisers, and Uber previously used Unroll.me data to gauge the health of archrival Lyft.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.