Ugly camera strap like your dads? $6

[Read the post]

4 Likes

Been looking (but not that hard) for something like this.

I have a couple really decent cameras that list their model # on their strap… Nice if you want people to be impressed… Not so great if you are trying to be lower profile.

4 Likes

I must be a dad, because I don’t find that ugly at all. Irony-deficient, too.

11 Likes

That doesn’t look ugly or gaudy to me. The only bit I don’t like is the little cameras stamped into the leather.

That thing is positively tasteful compared the the original Ambico Camera Caddy straps. I used to work for a wholesaler of those things, and whenever a new shipment came in we’d compete to see who could find the ugliest one.

3 Likes

You guys might want to get tested for dadliness.

My dad’s Pentax ME had one of those. He did buy it during a trip to the Amazon in the 70s, so the hippie chic aesthetic seems appropriate.

I always though it might be inspired by (and would look good with) a Peruvian chullo.

4 Likes

great. now i want the strap AND the hat.

9 Likes

I have a vintage one on my Rolleiflex – actually it’s a guitar strap, which was used before they were marketed for cameras. On a heavy camera a broad strap makes sense, but on a light-weight digital it seems to be a fashion statement.

1 Like

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LUIGI-DELUXE-STRAP-for-ROLLEIFLEX-ROLLEI-TLR-2-8F-3-5F-T-TELE-WIDE-NEW-CLAMPS-/190638967688

I’ve been using this strap for a few years now. Son, I am offend.

3 Likes

Geez, I wish my dad had a Nikkormat. All I got from him is some lame Canon “product”. Though they did have some nice hippie straps. I’ll give him that.

1 Like

I want them both too and I’m a 30 year old woman. But I am a mother if that counts.

My mom recently moved, and while unpacking discovered her old, forgotten, Pentax K1000, with a strap like one of these. If anything it is even bulkier, and has huge chrome attachments. It is bedecked in non-specific Indian pattern #60, and has beautifully worn leather. I also managed to score the camera, which is pretty cool since my early memories of her with that camera and that strap much later fermented into me taking up photography.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.